Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diamond Custom Seat Feedback?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 01:03 PM
jjr
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Diamond Custom Seat Feedback?

I came across this company on the web http://www.diamondseats.com/catalog.htm amd have heard of them before in when I had my Goldwing but never used one of there seats.
So I gave them a call and was told that they do make there own pans and that each seat is built to the riders height,weght and inseam. That is just what I'm looking for, but I would like to hear some feedback on the company and HD touring owners who used the seat.
If you use the Diamond I would like to see a photo of one on your bike if possible and include your size. FWIW I'm 6'1" 32inseam and 265lbs
TIA,
John

Old 08-30-2007, 01:29 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: Diamond Custom Seat Feedback?

Goldwing, eh? You ever on the WOTI list?

Old 08-30-2007, 01:33 PM
jjr
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: TexasRedneck

Goldwing, eh? You ever on the WOTI list?
Nope I did not know it existed till now, when I had my wing I was usually here http://www.gl1800riders.com/forums/index.php

Did you ever use a Diamond seat on a HD????

John

Old 08-30-2007, 02:21 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member

Ah, yes...the 1800 board. Hope ya didn't tell 'em ya went ta the Dark Side - them boys like ta have called me everythang but legitimate when ah made the jump last year!

Ran a Diamond on 2 1500's - the first wuza charm but the 2nd one...well, that wuz right after Corbin bought 'em out, an' ta me they've never been the same since. Ah'm leanin' towards the Russell right now - will likely place mah order in the next month or so. Ah've tried talkin' w/the folks @ C&C, especially since they're a sponsor here - but they've yet to return my email query.

Old 08-30-2007, 02:30 PM
jjr
Road Captain

Shure I told them [:@]and if I can't find a comfortable seat I will be going back to a Wing w/Russell seat. I have used the Russell seats since the 80s on my BMW, Wings, Ultra and even had one on my 05 RKC.

The problem is the looks of the Russell on a RK it really looks UGLY, on the Ultra or Wing it looks ok. Another problem with the Russell they use the OEM seat pan so then can not move me back so I sit higher, its ok but there is a good chace I will have to content with the handlebars which do not want to sawp out in my 03 SERK.

Would you have a pix of the Diamond on a HD? The example photos on the Diamond page look pretty crappy.

My other choice and I really hate to go there is to go with a Corbin. BTW what is your size? I'm 6'01" 265lbs 32"

Thanks John I;m at the point of just selling the 03 SERK and going back to comfort.

Old 08-30-2007, 03:01 PM
nerider2
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi George,
I remember you from WOTI. I ran the Diamond on the wing and the Hartco on the Valkyrie. These are the best seat I've found. I am currently using the Road Zeppelin on the Ultra, much better then stock.

Old 08-30-2007, 03:40 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,357 Likes on 2,536 Posts

ORIGINAL: TexasRedneck

Ah've tried talkin' w/the folks @ C&C, especially since they're a sponsor here - but they've yet to return my email query.
george, give em a call on the phone. i just ordered a seat from them for my wife's bike. i talked to them, told them what she wanted, they asked questions about her height, inseam, etc. and we came up with something that should suit her fine. can't wait to get it and get it installed.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:22 PM
Dougger
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had Diamonds on 2 GW's and now I am running a Diamond on my Valkyrie I/S. I have found them to be wonderful seats. I can ride all day.
When i was theere in April in their shop, I saw a Harley seat, but didn't pay much attention to it, because I didn't have Harley then.
But i plan on having one by next season, or a Road Zepplin.
They and Hartco are the same com[any, not Corbin.