Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unhappy Biker!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 07:37 PM
newtsqueensy
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unhappy Biker!

Have been dealing with vibration on my 06 R/K Custom. The vibration is RPM related. These don't have tac's, can only make reference to speed. At 65-73 mph, the bike has a vibration. Up to this point the local dealer is trying to help. To this point they changed the inj's from 8degree to 25 degree which did provide better runnibility but did nothing for vibration. They also tightened the belt a bit, they thought it was a little loose but nothing. 06's did not come with the automatic chain tightner. I installed one early on. Now they are thinking the primary is too tight. They want to change out the auto tightner for the stock manual adjuster. I told them OK, but what if it is being caused by this? I installed it. Do you think I could have a problem with waranty if there is things messed up? Has anyone dealt with vibrations on a R/K that was RPM related?

Old 08-29-2007, 07:53 PM
04RoadKing
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Unhappy Biker!

Sounds like a motor mount problem, but I don't know for sure????? Good luck.....

Old 08-29-2007, 08:02 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm thinkin' a motor mount, too...either broken or loose....

Old 08-29-2007, 08:04 PM
murph3204
Road Master

motor mount would be my guess too.

Old 08-29-2007, 08:20 PM
raftgyde
Road Master

I was thinking motor mount too, but what about a wheel out of balance? Wasn't there a recall or service bulletin on '06 motor mounts?

Old 08-29-2007, 08:25 PM
newtsqueensy
Novice

Motor mounts are all good.

Old 08-29-2007, 08:28 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

How many miles on the bike and is this something that just started or has been going on awhile. Are you the orginal owner? Could be several possible things especially since the vibration is at the higher speeds. Also what all has been done to the bike recently, if this isa new problem?

Old 08-29-2007, 08:30 PM
easyglider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Check the JB weld that comes out when you turn the star wheel on the left handgrip.

Old 08-29-2007, 08:34 PM
newtsqueensy
Novice

I am the original owner, has 8,500 miles on it. Out of the box I had the stage 2 and cams for the 95 effect. I'm not a ricky racer, and don't speed often(Yeah right!). I think the vibration has always been there? Not sure, but have been thinking for a long time that its a Harley and ALL Harleys have vibration I was thinking. This is a RPM vib. Not speed.

Old 08-29-2007, 08:39 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: newtsqueensy

I am the original owner, has 8,500 miles on it. Out of the box I had the stage 2 and cams for the 95 effect. I'm not a ricky racer, and don't speed often(Yeah right!). I think the vibration has always been there? Not sure, but have been thinking for a long time that its a Harley and ALL Harleys have vibration I was thinking. This is a RPM vib. Not speed.
Probably has been there the whole time,,, get up to that speed or a tad above a long downgrade hill is good if you have one,,, pull in the clutch let the engine go to idleand see if the vibration goes away if so it's the motor related,,if not it could be wheels or other related. Just a suggestion to try.

Quick Reply: Unhappy Biker!