Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lets Ride - Ride Events.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007 | 09:18 PM
ToadsUltra07
|
Cruiser
Default Lets Ride - Ride Events.

How many of you just ride to just ride? (I raise my hand, I ride to just ride).

You dont need an excuse to get on your Harley, just one to get out of the house. My wife and I are that way. We would rather spend the day in the rain ridingmy harley.

What motorcycle event, what cause, bike show, poker runs, or rally, to inspire you to just hit the road, and burn up some tires.

The wife and I went on a ride this past weekend. (Poker Run for the Fund). This was in DuQuoin. The following day after the ride, that Sunday we hit Shawnee National Park., and road around there.

Or, sometimes, your not sure what is happening in your state. Well for those that dont know. There is a web site out there that lets you know what events that have been posted. They also allow you post your events for free..

Here is a link to the site. http://www.lets-ride.com/

ToadsUltra07
"If yah feel froggie, Jump!"

Old 08-28-2007 | 09:21 PM
chopperz71
Road Master
Default RE: Lets - Ride Events.

Nope It takes beer, *****, or both to get me out of the house.

Old 08-28-2007 | 09:24 PM
FoxRM250
Cruiser

I get paid to ride a BMW mon-fri. I race alot of weekends to make more money on motocross bikes. In spare time,I get on harley and go drink beer.

Old 08-28-2007 | 09:26 PM
thall
Road Master

I ride allthe time just to escape stress from my business and whatever else I can come up with. All the worries just disappear aleast ti lI get back. But its the best medicine I've ever found

Old 08-28-2007 | 09:58 PM
atexn4christ
Road Master

I like to hit the rallies, pokerruns any thing special. Mostly I kie to just go down the road. No plans just whereever I end up.

Old 08-29-2007 | 05:18 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member

I ride to work, a lot. I have a wife and a 10 and 7 year old girls. I seldom get time on the weekend to just ride. I am not complaining, as my family comes first. But, I would love to just be able to take off for a few days, by myself. I hit all of the local rallies I can. Usually with the wife (kids with the grandparents). I miss the ones that fall on holiday's because of work, but still enjoy it. Before I know it, my girls will be grown, and on their own. Sure, I will have more riding time then, but I would not give up being with them, for the ride now. So, for me, it is the ride. Even if it is only to the store to buy more milk. We sure do use a lot of milk. LOL I have no idea where it all goes, since I don't drink milk. LOL, I think they must bathe in it, or something. LOL

Old 08-29-2007 | 06:38 AM
06ultra
Elite HDF Member

I ride just to ride . Do not have to plan a ride, just get on and take off !!!!

Old 08-29-2007 | 06:41 AM
NCCopBikeRider
Road Warrior

Ride Em carry Em

Old 08-29-2007 | 06:47 AM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member

I bought the bike to ride it. I don't do poker runs, or charity runs or many group rides. I used to ride with a group quite frequently, but don't do that too much anymore.

I just ride either alone or with one or a couple close riding buddies. My kids are grown and my wife doesn't want to ride with me. I'm here in the Northeast and do about 15K a year almost all New England, most in VT and NH.

Old 08-29-2007 | 07:15 AM
04harleyboy
Outstanding HDF Member

I do it all. I love to go to rallys when I can. Friday I am heading to Chillicothe, Ohio, for the easyrider event. I ride with buddies mostly, we hit a lot of the local bike nights during the week, and bigger rides on the weekends. Sometimes, I just hit the road by myself with no destination at all, just a ride trying to get lost......thats one of my favorites

Quick Reply: Lets Ride - Ride Events.