Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gave it up

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 09:51 PM
tilt_mgd
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gave it up

Sorry to hear about your friend.I hope you find something you really enjoy to fill the void of not riding.

Old 08-30-2007, 01:11 AM
kong00us
Cruiser

Sorry you sold your bike.Like the others I to had a friend killed will I was with him riding motorcycles.I was 21 years old.It change me for a long time.I rode quads,dirt bikes,raced go carts,bought Hot Rods and even a snowmobile.My point being that I never ever wanted a street bike again.But now being 52 I need to ride a street bike again..the idea of taking a couple hours after work to unwine was to hard to say no to.sure I'm nervious about others cars,trucks ect but you have to live.I have in the last 3yearswatched my folks die a slow nursing home death.Unable to feed themselves,or go to the bathroom by themselves.Total care to keep them alive.Why I'm I telling you this is because they lived a safe no risk kinda life motorcycles were forbidden and stupid to them and if thats what they thought that was there choice.While watching them go through this I decided that I was not going to avoid thing I really wanted to do because there are no guaranties about any thing in life.I don't have a death wish but I'm not going to stop doing things because of the danger.I will try to do it smartly and not stupidly.You just never know how thing will turn out but not doing things to die in a nursing home from old age did'nt not looklike something I would want my worst friend to do....I know this is just 2 cents worth,

Give it some time.Give yourself some time to think and grieve and reflect about things.I will say a prayer for you and yourfriend.They say time heels all wounds.I know it's easier said than done but there is some truth in it.Be safe,take care and I hope your friend will someday be ok and you and him might go for a ride together.

Old 08-30-2007, 02:34 AM
reeac
Tourer

I've lost friends to accidents and have a couple that still show the effects of theirs. I myself had a good one several years ago which by the grace of God I came out of it pretty good. Over the years I have stopped riding for short periods but I always seem to get that feeling of missing something and I end up with another bike. I'm sure you will end up riding again and your buddy if he is unable to ride will still miss it.
My prayers for a quick and full recovery.

Old 08-30-2007, 03:50 AM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your friend beat cancer and now this happens... Lifes very unfair at times..Hope your friend pulls through this. I'm sure he is a fighter after battling cancer. It gives us all pause for thought....

Old 08-30-2007, 05:50 AM
relli
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts

your decision is of course just that: your decision to make. understandable.

i put my wife and i in the hosp for two weeks last day of bike this last march. blew thru a fog bank and into a cow pasture. i had multiple brkn bones nad spleen damage-she lost her spleen and had a concussion. during this whole time we hobbled around, pissed and moaned about how we could not ride and how depressing it was. few days after being released i was up on two wheels again and shortly after that she was behind me again. family,friends,coworkers ect....gave us holy hell for getting back on the bike after nearly killing ourselfs. and i was hard pressed to put in words why we were doin it until a friend (biker of course) said to me. "well everyone dies but not everyone lives" blew me away. i know this is not a new saying but i had not heard it before. im 55 and my wife is 57. guess what phrase is going around this years tatt?? again. prayers are with you. hard times will get better. Rich and family

Old 08-30-2007, 06:18 AM
Stinx
Intermediate

THanks for all the kind words and prayers.I guess time will tell if I miss it enough to want to get back on.

Old 08-30-2007, 08:37 AM
Blues Guy
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Prayers out to you and your pal.