Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WILD 1 CHUBBYS W0575 handlebars on an 05 Ultra???

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 09:03 PM
dchoran
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WILD 1 CHUBBYS W0575 handlebars on an 05 Ultra???

Anyone have this setup or these bars???

Would like to hear your opinion/experience/satisfaction level.

THANKS!!!

dchoran@athenet.net

Old 11-20-2005, 11:04 PM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
Default RE: WILD 1 CHUBBYS W0575 handlebars on an 05 Ultra???

I have them on my 04 and love them.. I installed them my self - somewhat of a job - cables need to be changed out {I do not care what Wild one says} Caution.. if you have the hyd set up - the Chubby's will NOT work.... read the small print...

Also,,,, if you have the little cool looking faring mounted rear view mirrors... wont work - the Wild 1 bars are just wide enough to be in the way of those faring mounted mirrors..

Old 11-20-2005, 11:08 PM
oldschool
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

I have em and like em. They are taller than the stock one and feel much better. Chubby states no replacing cables needed but I would recommend you do. If you get em then get longer cables (all of them). In stock form you'll need to reroute your clutch cable with the Chubbys. I also notice when the forks were locked it seem to pull on the throttle cables. I decided to replace all lines on the bars including the front brake lines. One last thing Chubby's also recommend a one piece clamp. I kept the stock 2 piece on and haven't had a problem yet. Good luck on your choice. Ed

Old 11-21-2005, 09:46 AM
dchoran
Road Warrior

harley0711:

Appreciate the EXTRA info - saved me a mess.

I have those "cute" fairing mounted mirrors (and they don't VIBRATE at all!!!!!)

Sounds like these Chubbys won't work then.

Any other proven solutions anyone???

THANKS

dchoran@athenet.net

Old 11-21-2005, 10:58 PM
lazzer
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

has anyone tried the 13" electra glide bar from http://cyclesmiths.com/ i think these are sick, and am thinking of putting them on my street glide...
it looks like they have a bend to keep the bar close to the faring.

Old 11-21-2005, 11:11 PM
hogsolo16
Advanced

I have them on my electra glide classic with the faring mounted mirrors and if you play with them enough they will work, the bars are well worth it ! I've routed my cables diff through the radio and it works but i'm going to replace them this winter with steel braid and an extra 3 inches. A Mans Gotta Love an Extra 3 Inches !!!!

Old 11-21-2005, 11:21 PM
trex_47e
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: hogsolo16

I have them on my electra glide classic with the faring mounted mirrors and if you play with them enough they will work, the bars are well worth it ! I've routed my cables diff through the radio and it works but i'm going to replace them this winter with steel braid and an extra 3 inches. A Mans Gotta Love an Extra 3 Inches !!!!
Define play with them enough. I have just ordered a set, and am hoping to not have to give up the fairing mounted mirrors on my Street Glide.

Old 11-22-2005, 01:12 AM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

come over to my house, we will have a beer and I will show you what I mean about the mirrors not working... I will not argue with the above statement - it is just my opinion that it will not work well, I am a fire fighter and doing a lot of shift trades this week... I might have a chance to take a dig pic tomorrow night (if I can remember) if not,,, the next time I am home will be saturday... if you can wait, I will take pic and either post it here (if I can figure it out) or pm me with your email and I will send it to you.... again,, maybe the "playing/adjusting" will work - the bars stick out just a little futher and will be in the way of your mirrors

Old 11-22-2005, 09:44 AM
dchoran
Road Warrior

When you guys talk replacing cables, does that mean:

clutch line
front brake line
both throttle cables
all the switch/electrical lines

How expensive is this and is it a DIY kind of thing???

PLEASE POST those pics of the fairing mirrors with these handlebars so we can see for ourselves.

For you creative photographers, how about some pics of these bars from the rider's perspective???

THANKS!!!

dchoran@athenet.net

Old 11-23-2005, 12:21 AM
oldschool
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

$180 barnett throttle cables, clutch cable and brake lines. Went with all black cables by choice. Steel braided is much more expense. Went 4 inches over in stock lenght.
$15 pin puller if you want to run your electrical through the bars.
$140 for the Chubbys bars. Normally $200 but took them 3 times to get the right bars they gave me a discount.
$0 for my labor.

That covers it. Oh get yourself a shop manual. Another $65. Take you time and follow the directions in your manual and before you know it, it is done. Whatever you do don't get in a hurry. Trust me I know. I have to look at the nice 2 chips in the tank every time I ride it. $#%T happens. You can find pics in my photo ablum with the Chubby bar on my bike. Just click on it. Peace Ed

Quick Reply: WILD 1 CHUBBYS W0575 handlebars on an 05 Ultra???