Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AirHawks or Road Zeppelin Seat???

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 04:06 PM
Woodchuck
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default AirHawks or Road Zeppelin Seat???

My wife met a couple on a Harley with an air cushion seat. They must have raved about it because the first thing she said when I got home today was let's get one.

The way she described it, I thought she meant AirHawks. I was ready to get a pair any way and her suggestion got me moving. I borrowed a buddy's and it was very comfortable. When I showed her a picture of them on the Internet she explained that it was a seat (like she first said). "What we have hee-yah, is a failure to communicate."

When I showed her the Road Zeppelin seat in the accessories catalogue, she nodded approvingly. When I showed her the $700 price she noted that I have "a lot more than that wrapped up in the bike". Note to self: use that same logic on her this winter when I get the front end chromed!

My question: AirHawks or Road Zeppelin??? The AirHawk was very comfortable, like I said, and it seemed like it also provided good ventilation. I'd hate to pay big bucks for a seat and have it be a mistake. Anyone using the Zep?

Old 08-28-2007, 05:22 PM
TexasBowhunter
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: AirHawks or Road Zeppelin Seat???

Get ahold of BryanTTM, he and Toni just got a set for the both of them and pick his brain on his thoughts...Seems like a better route to go then the Zepplin...to me the zep is a monster of a set...
Just my thoughts it would have the potential to be a great seat for the long distance rides like several thousand at a time...
I did the same ride as Bryan/Toni in the rockys and am really pleased with the sundowner that I picked up for a fair price...

Old 08-28-2007, 05:36 PM
Ultra_Bob
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A friend of a friend has one or the other (air cushion seat) on his '04 RG. I sat on the seat and personally don't care for the feel of the seat. Does it have gel in it too?

Old 08-29-2007, 08:47 AM
NICK56
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

ive had my road zep for many years + i highly recommend it..
buy it from chicago hd.. on line ,,,,
20% off all day.... every day !!!
go to their web site ez to buy ez people to deal with.
no headaches

Old 08-29-2007, 10:26 AM
Opossum
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That road Zep seat is the best, it takes a short time to get used to, but once you do it's sweet! Makes that last 100 miles of a 500 mile day much more doable, at our age and with the water pills and all don't do tank to tank much any more, my only regret is the seat won't fit on the 08!

Old 08-29-2007, 11:00 AM
fotoflojoe
Tourer

Will a Road Zeppelin fit an '06 Road King? I've heard/read that's a no-go. Would be nice if it were do-able though.

Thanks

Old 08-29-2007, 11:23 AM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

yes i have the airhawks...they are wonderful...philm also uses them....you can move em around if need be...another member here "texasranger" has the leather zepplin....he loves it and i must admit, i'm covetin his seat....dont think you'd go wrong with either

Old 08-29-2007, 11:42 AM
ultraultra
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had the Zep for about 2-1/2 years now. Plenty of cush for the tush. Had a gal tell me one time I "didn't have enough a$$ for that seat" . The wife loves it. I thought it might be interesting to switch back to the original for a week... just to appreciate the Zep.. now I take it for granted. Never tried an airhawk.

Old 08-29-2007, 12:06 PM
bagger al
Intermediate

I replaced the Comfort Stitch on my Ultra Classic with the Zeppelin. Personally I really liked that big seat. However, the wife did not like it and could not ride very long on it due to its hardness. Apparently the rider and passenger cushion differs. Sold the Zeppelin and triedthe gel pads. That did not work. Next tried the AirHawks. Problem solved. She can now do Iron Butts with no problem. One thing to keep in mind with the Zeppelin that I noticed is that it will raise you up about an inch and move you forward about an inch. This can be a problem at stops if you have short legs. However, it is comfortable!!! At least from this riders perspective.

Old 08-29-2007, 03:13 PM
NINER
4th Gear

Have the Airhawk. Used it on prior sportster. Worked great.
It developed a leak at the front edge. Upon examination, it appeared the glued seam was too narrow at that point. I applied some grilla glue, probem fixed.

Have not used it in over a year due totrading up to a Road King. Airhawk still has the air, so I guess all those little grillas really hang on.

Quick Reply: AirHawks or Road Zeppelin Seat???