Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What happened to Biker Build-off?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 07:48 PM
mjenkins01
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What happened to Biker Build-off?

Hey Guys, I'm a newbie on here but thought I would chime in.
What is with all the Jesse James hate on here? I met Jesse in Little Rock, Ark and he was getting ready to ride to Sturgis, SD with a friend of his on some choppers. I was actually headed to Sturgis as well and rode with them about 200 miles. I always heard he was a a$$hole but when I approached him and talked to him, he was very cooland very talkative. He told me he was going to helppromote his newCFL II frame. He was very humble saying that the chopper industry hasgone to hell because of it being a fad that has died out.Very nice guy, evengave mea wcc ball cap he had in his backpack.
Anyway, I did seeLong WayAround with Ewan McGregor...I think it was one of the greatest Motorcycledocumentaries ever. Unbelievable someof the crazy things they rode through.
OCChas turned into crap. It can be funnyat times but I think it's run its course.

Old 08-29-2007, 08:35 PM
JohnT
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not enough viewers equals cancelled show. The networks gave these bike shows a go during the peak of the motorcycle craze, but the viewers just didn't show up. As much as we all might like bikes and would tune into some of these shows, we represented a tiny demographic. Bottom line: why put on something that is barely watched when ANYTHING about NASCAR gets 10 or more times the viewers? As in all things, money talks.

Old 08-29-2007, 08:51 PM
joe v
Cruiser

i agree with the garage queen stuff i ride here in ct all year long theres one guy in particular john K a retired sub vet who rides everywhere i think he has over 300,000 miles on his bike with 3 engine overhauls we both ride rk,s and we ride them we dont park them

Old 08-30-2007, 01:42 AM
olgreydog7
Road Captain

Hell yeah, Texas Hardtalis! Cheesy, but entertaining. There was a show, I think they are bringing it back, called Road Tasted on the Food Network. Alton Brown and his crew rode cross country, on BMW's, and stopped to eat along the way at mom and pop type places. I mean they RODE. Yes, I think they had a chase truck for camera equipment and what not. But, they camped, they rode in rain, they rode in cold weather, they rode day and night. Not really about motorcycles per see, but still some excellent footage of riding. I think they even went up Pike's Peak if I remember correctly.

Old 08-30-2007, 01:44 AM
olgreydog7
Road Captain

whoops, it was call Feasting on Asphalt. Road Tasted is different. And it is back on. Saturday 9pm/8pm central.