Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What happened to Biker Build-off?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 07:46 AM
Edmo
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: What happened to Biker Build-off?

BBO was good except when the "Chopper King" would show up...

Edmo

Old 08-28-2007, 07:52 AM
modelflyered
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just like my old lady....after a while it just gets old...problem is i cant change her channel.....guess I'll have to make the best of it...or go for a ride ....hummm.....go for a ride it is!!!

Old 08-28-2007, 08:04 AM
jskwarek
Road Master

Based on the official site they do not say if it is gone or not, but the forum on that site kinda leads to the fact that it is.

http://turbo.discovery.com/biker-bui...e/episode.html

It has been moved to TLC instead of Discovery.

Jeff

Old 08-28-2007, 08:35 AM
WildBill2566
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with comments already made, and miss seeingIndian Larry who at leastmade bikes that could actually be ridden.

Same with BBO, bikes with 1 and 2 gallon tanks, please give me a break.

These chopper shows remind me of the fable about the emperors new clothes.

Old 08-28-2007, 08:37 AM
Dr.Hess
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,909 Likes on 1,425 Posts

I got tired of American Chopper also for most of the above stated reasons. And for a while it was "Call the frame guy in Oklahoma and get me a super frame, call the paint guy and tell him I want a blue fish theme, call the motor guy and tell him I want a S&S 'old school' evo, call the wheel guy and tell him Maltese crosses with a OCC logo," etc. Then as the bucks started rolling in, they got their own CNC stuff. That Build or Bust was entertaining for a few episodes, but got rather silly when every one would lose a day lacing up a wheel. They got to pick the stuff, why didn't they say "I want a mag wheel, go f' yourself you limey *****"?

Biker Build Off:I think when their bikes break down after 75 miles it is hysterical. Or having to stop for gas every 30 miles. Those things are for lookin' at, not ridin', and I prefer to ride. They came to Fayetteville for Bikes, Blues and BBQ (Oct 3- this year, ya'll coming?) about 2 years ago. Voodoo Chopper and Ness' kid, if I recall. The bikes were out to look at and all these a-holes standing around shooing you away if you got too close. Oh, and when one of the Ness' build a bike, that's a good one too: Let's stroll down the isle of our 10 acre parts warehouse. Yeah, one of these, couple of these, one of these, call the 20 experts in for Friday, and I'll get the BBQ grill going.

I have a pic of me and my wife at one of the beer gardens on Main Street in Sturgis from last year or the year before with Billy Lane. He was some kind of messed up, but not driving at the time.

Old 08-28-2007, 08:51 AM
DeJavu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Liked the "Build or Bust" show the best. Aside from the fact I love theExile look, I felt it picked up where Jesse left off. Having built my frame in a similar circumstance at a shop in Houston. I could identify with the "contestants" and the mind games that go on. Don't lie to the hand that feeds you, you will get bit and some of the guys did. Play it straight, and no matter how you f'k up you'll get respect and help. Try to fake 'em out and they catch on real quick. In the end you may not win but you will get respect. That's life!
Being a techie I get my rocks off watching expert fabricators do their thing. OCC is just staged Bull Sh#t.

Old 08-28-2007, 08:54 AM
bonz50
Cruiser

OCC got old by the end of the first season... BBO was fun even if it was kinda hokey... of all of them i enjoyed the motorcycle mania shows best... i think my favorite was the one where jesse was riding with kid rock to mexico... though admittedly they were a with too soap opera... seems to me like the custom/chopper thingy has largely blown over... while i certainly appreciate the skills it takes to make a bike like those, and make no mistake, i'd love to have one, i'd want to be able to afford to pay someone else to tinker with it for me to keep it running properly and it could never be my "only bike"... of all the bikes/builders that were on BBO, I really liked Martin Bros... imho, they were the most creatively built bikes on the show... but i really loved the spirit of indian larry's bikes... old school hard core chops, function with form...

Old 08-28-2007, 08:57 AM
bezoar
Tourer

OK, same as above. The Old man is a crabby bastard; the kid is a whinner and Mikey is just for laughs. The old man needs to shave off the Village People moustache and stop riding with his " my s**t don't stink" nose in the air. And those HANDLEBARS--same old angled ugly drawbacks. They too often use a mallet to make things fit. It was a novelty at first but now I rarely watch anymore. Blah, Blah Blah. Doesn't anyone just build a bike for Joe Blow? Not everyone wants a 45 degree rake and front forks that stick ut a half mile!

Old 08-28-2007, 09:00 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 447 Likes on 251 Posts

Glen?

[IMG]local://upfiles/29413/CE708E60E78A4BBB842A6B318B979022.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-28-2007, 09:01 AM
BrewGod
Advanced

I too miss BBO but Billy Lane was the worst. Hebuilt'd junk. Who in their right mind would want to own something that he built. Never knowing when it would brake down, or catch fire. As for a early comment. I agree, give me a bike I can ride and not have to stop every half hour to gas it upand do a show on us real riders...

Quick Reply: What happened to Biker Build-off?