Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spark Knock on 2007 Road King

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 04:04 PM
Ronjo
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spark Knock on 2007 Road King

I postedearlier about what I called a sound simliar to rocks hittingthe bottom of my gas tank when I roll on the throttleafter I had the Stage 1 and dyno done on my 2007 Road King by the dealer. No knocks prior. I took it straight back andthe dealer has had my bike for two weeks with no new answers to the cause. I'm getting real nervous about their abilities and the resolve of my problem. They say they want to take it back to complete stock and remap from there. I had the rush pipes put on before I took delivery and it ran find until they put the SERT and AC on along with dyno. I'm real afraid they have screwed my bike up! Is my lesson here not tohave the HD dealer do performance work?

Ronjo...

Old 08-27-2007, 04:14 PM
billydflnc
Cruiser
Default RE: Spark Knock on 2007 Road King

Maybe you just took it the wrong dealer... not knowing your location and nothing about your selection of dealers I can't really say.... but...... we're probably "average" here where I live..... 5 dealers within 40- 50 miles of me and there are only two thatI would trust with that type of work and I have great results with the "main" dealerI deal with.... a good dealer can handle anything you can throw at them. Now your problem maybe they either loaded a corrupt mapor the incorrect mapand that's why they have to go back to stock and start over.... talk extensively with everyone you meet about all the dealers at your disposal and go from there!!!Good Luck and HAPPY TRAILS

Old 08-27-2007, 04:21 PM
Kahuna
Road Master

If they screwed up your bike, they would owe you a new one! You said the dealer did a dyno on your scoot, so what was the fuel/air ratio number? Did they give you a dyno print out? Having SERT is not an issue, the issue/answer is in the "dialing-in" of the tuning. The SERT, in all fairness, is a good way to go. But, it's also a bit more difficult to fine tune, compared to PCIII. A good dyno guru would know exactly how to maximize your TQ and HP, while maintaining a good air/fuel ratio and mileage. Trying to accomplish all of these things require a longer-than-normal dyno tuning session. That's why some dyno gurus charge a bit more to tune using SERT. My experience has been that some dealers are good at dyno tuning, while some have no clue!

kahuna

ORIGINAL: Ronjo

I postedearlier about what I called a sound simliar to rocks hittingthe bottom of my gas tank when I roll on the throttleafter I had the Stage 1 and dyno done on my 2007 Road King by the dealer. No knocks prior. I took it straight back andthe dealer has had my bike for two weeks with no new answers to the cause. I'm getting real nervous about their abilities and the resolve of my problem. They say they want to take it back to complete stock and remap from there. I had the rush pipes put on before I took delivery and it ran find until they put the SERT and AC on along with dyno. I'm real afraid they have screwed my bike up! Is my lesson here not tohave the HD dealer do performance work?

Ronjo...

Old 08-29-2007, 07:51 PM
Ronjo
Cruiser

Billydflnc you were correct! Bike has been in shop since Aug. 13. Dealer just called and confirmed it was a corrupt map. Took it back to stock and started over then put all my stuff back on and according to them it runs great. I'm sure they spent hours on it along with many on the dyno. I'll not pay a dime for it! I will pick up tomorrow and see for myself. May be the last time I have this dealer work on my bike. Thanks for the info.......

Ronjo