Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno tune, dealer said he cant.......

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 08:29 AM
bowhnter7
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno tune, dealer said he cant.......

Put some Rhinharts and AC with the SERT on. Took it to the dealer for some dyno tuning. I gave them a CD and asked for a copy of the MAP the ended up with and they said they couldn't get me a copy. I taked to three different guys there and they all said that there was no way for them to be able to get me a copy of what they downloaded on my ECU. BS or not?

Old 08-27-2007, 09:01 AM
cdale976
Road Master
Default RE: Dyno tune, dealer said he cant.......

ORIGINAL: bowhnter7

Put some Rhinharts and AC with the SERT on. Took it to the dealer for some dyno tuning. I gave them a CD and asked for a copy of the MAP the ended up with and they said they couldn't get me a copy. I taked to three different guys there and they all said that there was no way for them to be able to get me a copy of what they downloaded on my ECU. BS or not?
that i know of NOT BS. i tried same ands got same answer evrywhere i asked.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:35 AM
connsmith
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am a computer guy and can tell you that they probably set the computers up with no way to copy data off because Harley wants to protect the Digital Technician Software from techs copying it. The software is what they use to do all the ECM and password work and if there was a way to copy it well we all already have it now wouldn't we. You could ask if the computer has a USB port and then ask them to copy it on a USB drive for you.... hell and ask for Digital Technician too!!!!! Just kidding...

Old 08-27-2007, 10:38 AM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BS. I had the dealer do a dyno on my '07 UC. gave him my SERT dongle since I had already loaded a SERT map. They tuned the map in the dyno process. They gave me a copy of the dyno'd map on a memory stick.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:39 AM
connsmith
Banned

By the way I am sure you could get the shop to do it then copy map off the bike using the Power Commander software. I think the Get Map function will just copy it off the PCB III

Old 08-27-2007, 10:50 AM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member

When I had my dyno done I took a little USB pocket drive with me and asked them to load the MAP and they had no problem with it. Maybe their computer doesnt have a CD burner.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:51 AM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member

oooops

Old 08-27-2007, 10:57 AM
WildBill2566
Road Master

I dont know what the dealers can or cannot do with the SERT, but I know that with the SERT software available to me I cannot download the maps from the ECM, I can however save a copy of the map that I am uploading, and this could be burnt onto a disc, or USB storeage device. I would have thought that your dealer kept a copy of the map if only to use as a starting point for anyone else who comes in with a similar setup. Its what I would do.

I suspect some here have it right and they do not have the ability to burn a disc.

Old 08-27-2007, 11:35 AM
bowhnter7
Banned

I was pretty adimate about getting acopy somehow. They acted like this was the first time this was ever requested and it took about 3 or 4 guys to finally get me an answer that they can in no way give me what they downloaded into my ECU. You would think if I could of done it with a little portable drive they would have known and asked me for one. So who know what I really got for my $210.

Old 08-27-2007, 11:54 AM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member

IMO if you pay an outfit to have a dyno done on your bike you are the rightful owner of the map in that ECU.

Quick Reply: Dyno tune, dealer said he cant.......