Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally different horn cover for HD

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2023 | 06:41 PM
Burbur2
|
Grand HDF Member

Thanks for cool discussion on the topic. Appreciate all the input and opinions. Post more pics of your horn if you can would be cool to see what you got.

This specific picture was a photo mock up of this cover as I don't have it but it is manufactured by https://www.covingtonscustoms.com so not sure if proportions are correct as I just was guessing what would look cool in my eyes but seems not many people like the look. I like streamline designs motifs. I try to build RKS but with some chrome accents like floorboards, maybe adding chrome bags locks, also thinking about chrome exhaust covers instead of black more like Heritqge OEM model color/chrome combo

If I can't get this horn cover I will consider maybe this one.

Last edited by Burbur2; 11-01-2023 at 06:43 PM.
Old 11-01-2023 | 07:12 PM
Burbur2
|
Grand HDF Member

As of now I added chrome lamp fin, chrome crown on the ignition lock, chrome floorboards and thinking about adding full front fender trim and light trim rings to create nice mix of black and chrome theme.

In the middle I would consider chrome horn, shifter linkage and shifter. Adding chrome rear blinkers and chrome bags lock covers might d Oi I the trick to create nice black/chrome mix ride.

The closer I can get to this look like Heritage in 114 black trim the better

Old 11-01-2023 | 07:21 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by Buelligan666
Clean unobstructed view of the engine. Ahhh....
Yep. I moved a horn that actually works to the front frame spur. Much cleaner.

The following users liked this post:
Buelligan666 (11-01-2023)
Old 11-01-2023 | 08:55 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by skratch

jesus christ guys. the horn is not as angled as it appears in that pic, it's mostly just from the angle that i took the pic at. if you go look at your bike and horn, you'll see that yours is angled toward the rear slightly from the factory.

this is straight off the hd webpage. the horn follows the line between the cylinders.... can't believe y'all never noticed.

I know there are an awful lot of people on this forum who are really into the aesthetics of their motorcycles....

So I'm sorry to admit, I never noticed because I really don't care if the horn follows the lines of the cylinders, or....????

Old 11-02-2023 | 02:19 AM
hamah
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Burbur2
As of now I added chrome lamp fin, chrome crown on the ignition lock, chrome floorboards and thinking about adding full front fender trim and light trim rings to create nice mix of black and chrome theme.

In the middle I would consider chrome horn, shifter linkage and shifter. Adding chrome rear blinkers and chrome bags lock covers might d Oi I the trick to create nice black/chrome mix ride.

The closer I can get to this look like Heritage in 114 black trim the better

Are those?... Are Those!? FANGS on a Road King!!?? Good Lord man... have you no shame?!

Last edited by hamah; 11-02-2023 at 02:21 AM.
Old 11-02-2023 | 06:40 AM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

jesus christ guys. the horn is not as angled as it appears in that pic, it's mostly just from the angle that i took the pic at. if you go look at your bike and horn, you'll see that yours is angled toward the rear slightly from the factory.

this is straight off the hd webpage. the horn follows the line between the cylinders.... can't believe y'all never noticed.

If everything the MOCO did was perfect and didn't/couldn't use improvement people wouldn't modify their bikes.
And allot of aftermarket parts companies would be out of business.

Old 11-02-2023 | 06:50 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

so are you telling me that you've loosened the nut holding your horn on and tilted your horn forward?

Old 11-02-2023 | 02:09 PM
Weeboy1
Stellar HDF Member

Nothing earth shattering but had a Day of the Dead skull image laser etched on the oem chrome cover. Dresses it up a bit and gives it a lil uniqueness…I think anyway.

Old 11-02-2023 | 02:25 PM
foxtrapper
HDF Community Team
Veteran: NavyVeteran: National Guard
Community Team

jesus christ guys. the horn is not as angled as it appears in that pic...
It's *your* bike, mount your horn however you like.

Old 11-02-2023 | 02:54 PM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Burbur2
I am really tempted to get this horn cover? Any chance someone have it in real life as this is just photo mock up. Feel free to share some other cool horn covers you got. No cow bell style please.

Look even better turned 90 degrees.

The following users liked this post:
DeeRoe (11-13-2023)

Quick Reply: Finally different horn cover for HD