Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibrations

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 10:25 AM
newtsqueensy
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibrations

Hi. I'm new to this sight. I have a 06 R/K Custom. Out of the box I had the dealer do the big bore kit and cams (stage 2). Have 8,500 miles on it. When they did the stage 2 it didn't want to run good when cold. Dealership had to do another program to make it run right. But since I have put all the miles on it, it has always had a vibration between 65-73 miles an hour. This is where I notice it more. But really, the vibration has more to do with rpm. 65-73 mph the rpm is more substain. The vibration is there really in any gear as you bring the rpm up some. Customs do not have a tach so I'm in the dark to know the actual rpm. Took it to the dealer today. They thought the vibration may be from the belt being a bit loose. They tightened it. Vibration is still there. Now they make reference to the injectors. Being #8, they say that it needs to have the #25. They claim this will rid the bike of the vibration. They say it is running too lean, changing to the #25's, my problems very well could go away! What are your thoughts? Anybody ever heard of this? Thanks for your time!

Old 08-26-2007, 10:45 AM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts
Default RE: Vibrations

I don't think the injectors will cure vibration. There was a post a few days ago regarding vibration. You may want to look for it. The outcome was a problem with the Crank, it was not balanced and not up to specification.(something like that)Your motor was fiddled with by the HD wrenches when they converted to stage 2. That may be your problem.

Old 08-26-2007, 10:49 AM
newtsqueensy
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Vibrations

That has been a thought. Like maybe the pistons or something weren't balanaced maybe. The shop H/D dealer is good with repairs, I don't think it is workmanship. IF workmanship I don't think the thing would stay together as long as it has?