Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra Glide Classic

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2023 | 10:38 PM
Onestumpguy
|
Novice
Default 2007 Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra Glide Classic

I have a 2007 FLHTC went riding the other day. Bike started up ran fine hit the road 41 miles down the road bike startes hesitating and cutting out and lost of power ,backfiring .then dies. Started it up limp it home . Did the odometer diagnosis (P = ECM/ICM (Electronic Control Module [EFI] / Ignition Control Module [Carbureted])) it showed I had a P0131 Front Oxygen Sensor Low and a P0151 Rear Oxygen Sensor Low . I dont know if i should replace the O2 sensor and would that fix it . And help would be appreciated. Thank you

Old 09-29-2023 | 06:08 AM
Tcrafty
Road Warrior

LoL...

Not sure where shaud is going with his reply, but....

Sounds a LOT like my 2006 Road King did when the fuel pressure regulator died. I don't remember the exact codes it threw, but when the fuel pressure drops to almost nuthin', it'll fart and pop like that. I did manage to get it home. If you open up the fuel cap and turn the bike on, can you clearly hear fuel spraying inside the tank? Does the fuel pump turn on?

Someone else may have a better diagnosis, but this is free -- and so is the advice.

The following 2 users liked this post by Tcrafty:
07UltraGuy (09-29-2023), Max Headflow (09-29-2023)
Old 09-29-2023 | 06:31 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

Could be the fuel filter is clogged. Injectors dirty, could be the sensors but?.? I would pull them and buy some spray cleaners from auto parts. Put them back in and run again .. ona 16th year old bike I would address the fuel filter…I think it’s unlikely both O2 sensors are bad at the same time.

The following users liked this post:
OkieBill (09-29-2023)
Old 09-29-2023 | 07:28 AM
Onestumpguy
|
Novice

Originally Posted by Tcrafty
LoL...

Not sure where shaud is going with his reply, but....

Sounds a LOT like my 2006 Road King did when the fuel pressure regulator died. I don't remember the exact codes it threw, but when the fuel pressure drops to almost nuthin', it'll fart and pop like that. I did manage to get it home. If you open up the fuel cap and turn the bike on, can you clearly hear fuel spraying inside the tank? Does the fuel pump turn on?

Someone else may have a better diagnosis, but this is free -- and so is the advice.
I open the fuel cap turn on the bike i can hear the pump inside the tank spraying .

Old 09-29-2023 | 07:35 AM
Onestumpguy
|
Novice

Originally Posted by Notgrownup
Could be the fuel filter is clogged. Injectors dirty, could be the sensors but?.? I would pull them and buy some spray cleaners from auto parts. Put them back in and run again .. ona 16th year old bike I would address the fuel filter…I think it’s unlikely both O2 sensors are bad at the same time.
when you say spray cleaner . You talking about chock/carburetor cleaner. So pull the O2 sensors and clean them ? Also fuel filter is it in fuel tank or somewhere else's on the engine?

Old 09-29-2023 | 09:01 AM
OkieBill
Club Member
Veteran: Air Force

@Onestumpguy Fuel filter - along with pressure regulator and fuel pump - are enclosed within the fuel tank. As mentioned by @Notgrownup I would not be concerned that both O2 sensos flagged at the same time. What's the mileage on that bike? Has it been sitting for a bit, if so it could be crappy gas.

Old 09-29-2023 | 09:29 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Onestumpguy
when you say spray cleaner . You talking about chock/carburetor cleaner. So pull the O2 sensors and clean them ? Also fuel filter is it in fuel tank or somewhere else's on the engine?
no, I would use like a mass airflow sensor or electronics spray cleaner. But it’s probably something else

Old 09-29-2023 | 10:45 AM
Onestumpguy
|
Novice

Originally Posted by OkieBill
@Onestumpguy Fuel filter - along with pressure regulator and fuel pump - are enclosed within the fuel tank. As mentioned by @Notgrownup I would not be concerned that both O2 sensos flagged at the same time. What's the mileage on that bike? Has it been sitting for a bit, if so it could be crappy gas.
Last night I dumped fuel in tank ,added new 93 grade fuel ,changed sparkplug NGK Iridium IX doing the same thing. Spits and spuders, backfiring then dies. I notice older sparkplug front was white and back was sooty black not oil just black

Old 09-29-2023 | 11:24 AM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Onestumpguy
Last night I dumped fuel in tank ,added new 93 grade fuel ,changed sparkplug NGK Iridium IX doing the same thing. Spits and spuders, backfiring then dies. I notice older sparkplug front was white and back was sooty black not oil just black
Stuck injector?

Old 09-29-2023 | 01:03 PM
07UltraGuy
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Bike is carbureted, so it can't be an injector.
I'd guess as others have mentioned that the line inside the tank has a pinhole in it.
You can't get enough fuel to the carb due to the hole and it stalls.

Regardless of carb or EFI, my understanding is that this hose is a known failure point due to routing inside the tank that rubs a hole in the line.

The following 2 users liked this post by 07UltraGuy:
OkieBill (09-29-2023), s-glide76 (09-29-2023)

Quick Reply: 2007 Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra Glide Classic