Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra Glide Classic

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2023 | 11:14 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Onestumpguy

I found my problem fuel pressure regulator blown out large o-ring shooting fuel .Harley-davidson in my town said back order. So I went to Napa autoparts they had fuel o-rings we measured for a tight fit so the black cap snapped tight with a little seafoam lubrication around the o-ring .installed the complete pump /gauge back in tank . Fires up bike and took it on the highway. I-295 . Didn't hesitate or back fire and ran like a dream. Thank you for helping me .

ok I put some fuel down the intake it started and ran for about 30 sec and then died . You think its not getting fuel like a fuel pump or injectors

OK, earlier in this very thread you had an issue that you fixed by finding issues in your fuel system..... it appears we are back to your fuel system is not delivering fuel......

Now you need to check the things that Max listed in his last post....

Since you have already fixed some issues in your tank, I would strongly suggest that you follow Max's advice and get a fuel pressure gauge. If you hook it up to your tank fuel line connector, and you get proper pressure there, it will confirm your repairs to the tank fuel components. You won't have to take the tank guts out again...

If you get proper fuel pressure at the tank connector, you'll know the issue is with the parts between the tank, to the throttle body....

By the way, I forgot if you said you hear the fuel pump pressurize the tank lines when you turn on the key/run switch....

Stick with it, you're almost there...

Last edited by hattitude; 10-31-2023 at 11:17 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by hattitude:
benscratchin (11-01-2023), Onestumpguy (11-01-2023)
Old 11-01-2023 | 09:42 AM
Onestumpguy
|
Novice

Originally Posted by Max Headflow
In no particular order.

Quick disconnect on the bottom of fuel tank. Either the disconnect or the fuel line to the injector manifold.
Plugged fuel filter.
Cracked regulator housing.
Leaky fuel lines inside the tank.
Bad pressure regulator.
Bad fuel pump.
Bad injectors.

IMO if you are serious about working on your bike you need to purchase a fuel pressure gauge. It is important as a DVM or compression tester.
thanks Max I'll take a look at tonight when I get off work . And update you

Old 11-01-2023 | 09:24 PM
Onestumpguy
|
Novice

thanks Max I'll take a look at tonight when I get off work . And update you
Damn Regulator housing and Fuel Regulator broken . Took a quick look taking off the oval fuel tank top off found it shooting out the side so I clip the clamp off line regulator heading down to the quick disconnect. And flip the spring lever for the pump assembly to come out . Order new Regulator housing and Fuel pressure regulator, and fuel filter and fuel stainer. I pretty sure pump is good it was shooting fuel every where inside the tank . Having it shipped to my house 3 days. JP Cycles from Daytona FL
The plastic clips broke on the Regulator housing that Fuel pressure regulator snaps in
I'll keep you posted/update

The following users liked this post:
hattitude (11-02-2023)
Old 11-01-2023 | 09:27 PM
Onestumpguy
|
Novice

Originally Posted by Max Headflow
In no particular order.

Quick disconnect on the bottom of fuel tank. Either the disconnect or the fuel line to the injector manifold.
Plugged fuel filter.
Cracked regulator housing.
Leaky fuel lines inside the tank.
Bad pressure regulator.
Bad fuel pump.
Bad injectors.

IMO if you are serious about working on your bike you need to purchase a fuel pressure gauge. It is important as a DVM or compression tester.
Found it
Cracked regulator housing.Leaky fuel inside the tank.Bad pressure regulator

The following 3 users liked this post by Onestumpguy:
07UltraGuy (11-01-2023), hattitude (11-02-2023), Max Headflow (11-01-2023)