Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra Glide Classic

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2023 | 02:03 PM
Onestumpguy
|
Novice

Originally Posted by OkieBill
@Onestumpguy Fuel filter - along with pressure regulator and fuel pump - are enclosed within the fuel tank. As mentioned by @Notgrownup I would not be concerned that both O2 sensos flagged at the same time. What's the mileage on that bike? Has it been sitting for a bit, if so it could be crappy gas.
I found my problem fuel pressure regulator blown out large o-ring shooting fuel .Harley-davidson in my town said back order. So I went to Napa autoparts they had fuel o-rings we measured for a tight fit so the black cap snapped tight with a little seafoam lubrication around the o-ring .installed the complete pump /gauge back in tank . Fires up bike and took it on the highway. I-295 . Didn't hesitate or back fire and ran like a dream. Thank you for helping me .

The following 8 users liked this post by Onestumpguy:
07UltraGuy (09-30-2023), Aceman1964 (11-09-2023), benscratchin (10-31-2023), dafrisco (09-30-2023), hattitude (09-30-2023), Kenomni (11-03-2023), s-glide76 (09-30-2023), Trucky911 (10-31-2023) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-30-2023 | 02:46 PM
07UltraGuy
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Well done, sir!

The following users liked this post:
Onestumpguy (09-30-2023)
Old 09-30-2023 | 03:08 PM
Onestumpguy
|
Novice

Originally Posted by 07UltraGuy
Well done, sir!
sorry again about the confusion on the thread about carb and injection. But thanks again for the advice on the fuel lines in the tank .i did check them underpresuse when I turn on bike with the pump submerged in fuel tank no leaks .safe riding my friend

Old 09-30-2023 | 04:42 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member

It's a really good feeling to find an issue and fix it on your own...... You're well on your way to being your own best mechanic....

While there are a lot of techs out there that know way more than me, none of them care about my bike more than me....

The following 5 users liked this post by hattitude:
62hdbiker (10-01-2023), benscratchin (10-31-2023), Notgrownup (10-01-2023), Onestumpguy (09-30-2023), Trucky911 (10-31-2023)
Old 10-01-2023 | 08:24 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

Be at one with your machine. If you know your bike you will be able to react better to things that happened or will happen. Try to get a factory Manual… it really helps on top of all us Smartasses.

benscratchin (10-31-2023)
Old 10-01-2023 | 04:09 PM
Indawynd
Elite HDF Member

Aside from the spray in the tank my 07 did pretty much the same set of symptoms, after a 200 mile slab run in the rain. The next 150 was dry and it started the same crap. Random power loss, backfiring and CE light on that left codes all over the board. When I pulled off to a gas station it was all I could do to keep it running. Knew it was due to the rain and the fact it ran great for lots of miles prior I broke the ECM connector loose and rocked it around gently to "scrub" the connections. The girl lit up and was back to normal. ECM showed codes all over the board, cleared them and it was done.

I greased the plug lightly when i got home a week later and it has never reappeared.

benscratchin (10-31-2023)
Old 10-30-2023 | 03:49 PM
Onestumpguy
|
Novice
Default P0374

P0374 code pulling up

2007 Harley-Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Classic (EFI) - FLHTCU

So I read i believe every post on Hdforums related to this code P0374 and all over the internet. So I I upgraded my compsator to a dark horse. New stator, new drum and i put on a new chrome starter. So with all that said I'm getting a P0374 code and the bike cranks but won't start . I have chech continuity for any broken wires , And I replaced the crankshaft position sensor just today .I took the chrome ignition **** off and cleaned and check for broken wires . Checked all fuses left side and right side of bike . Cleaned all quick disconnect wires around the starter . Still no Start. I'm lost any help . Thank you

Old 10-30-2023 | 04:06 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Onestumpguy
P0374 code pulling up

2007 Harley-Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Classic (EFI) - FLHTCU

So I read i believe every post on Hdforums related to this code P0374 and all over the internet. So I I upgraded my compsator to a dark horse. New stator, new drum and i put on a new chrome starter. So with all that said I'm getting a P0374 code and the bike cranks but won't start . I have chech continuity for any broken wires , And I replaced the crankshaft position sensor just today .I took the chrome ignition **** off and cleaned and check for broken wires . Checked all fuses left side and right side of bike . Cleaned all quick disconnect wires around the starter . Still no Start. I'm lost any help . Thank you

Not sure why you replaced the comp, stator, and starter because of the P0374 code....?

The P0374 code specifically refers to the communication between the CKP and the ECM... The ECM is not "seeing" (reading) the crankshaft position sensor...

Found this on the internet and it about sums it up:

"P0374 - CKP sensor not detected. If you replaced the sensor and the code doesn't clear you either have a problem with the wiring/connectors from the CKP sensor to the ECM or the ECM itself. Check the wiring carefully."

I would double check your "new" CKP is in good working condition, not just the continuity of its wiring. You need to confirm it's sending a proper signal, and that its signal is getting to the ECM connector pin, before looking at the ECM. I'm not near my electronic diagnostic manuals, so I don't remember how to specifically test the CKP or its output voltage.

Pay specific attention to the connectors and their pins... a slightly damaged, bent, not fully seated pin in the connector can still allow the connector halves to be attached, but may not allow for a good signal to the ECM...

Last edited by hattitude; 10-30-2023 at 04:19 PM.
Old 10-30-2023 | 04:18 PM
Onestumpguy
|
Novice

Originally Posted by hattitude
Not sure why you replaced the comp, stator, and starter because of the P0374 code....?

The P0374 code specifically refers to the communication between the CKP and the ECM... The ECM is not "seeing" (reading) the crankshaft position sensor...

Found this on the internet and it about sums it up:

"P0374 - CKP sensor not detected. If you replaced the sensor and the code doesn't clear you either have a problem with the wiring/connectors from the CKP sensor to the ECM or the ECM itself. Check the wiring carefully."

I would double check your "new" CKP is in good working condition, not just the continuity of its wiring. You need to confirm it's sending a proper signal, and that its signal is getting to the ECM connector, before looking at the ECM.

Pay specific attention to the connectors and their pins... a slightly damaged, bent, not fully seated pin in the connector can still allow the connector halves to be attached, but may not allow for a good signal to the ECM...
I decided to change out my compsator because I wanted to up grade . I had to change out rotor drum because i had the older drum . I wanted to upgrade to a chrome starter just because i wanted to . But after doing all these upgrades. Im now getting a P0374 code. Do i read alot of threads and it keep saying crankshaft position sensor so i went to Harley-Davidson and bought one installed it . But only cranks but dont start .

Old 10-30-2023 | 04:23 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Onestumpguy
I decided to change out my compsator because I wanted to up grade . I had to change out rotor drum because i had the older drum . I wanted to upgrade to a chrome starter just because i wanted to . But after doing all these upgrades. Im now getting a P0374 code. Do i read alot of threads and it keep saying crankshaft position sensor so i went to Harley-Davidson and bought one installed it . But only cranks but dont start .

I see, since you mentioned all those changes after you mentioned the code, I thought you made them in response to the code.

It is possible doing that work you disturbed a wire/connector, between the CKP & ECM

For the code, focus specifically on the CKP, its connector, wires, and the ECM.......

FYI- The bike will crank and not start if the ECM is not getting the CKP signal. It uses that signal and then sends signals to the injectors and coil when they need to fire.

"CKP - (Crankshaft Position Sensor): Basically this sensor monitors the crankshaft speed and position. The ECM uses the inputs from the sensor to determine what stroke the engine is in so it can deliver the fuel and spark at the desired time..."

Last edited by hattitude; 10-30-2023 at 04:31 PM.

Quick Reply: 2007 Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra Glide Classic