Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Checking Tire Pressure

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 11:59 AM
casique
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Checking Tire Pressure

I always have a hell of time checking and adding air to my 07 RK Custom. I just can't fit the tire gauge or add air without a huge struggle. I tend to let a bunch of air out while trying to inflate the tire. I have spoke wheels and the rotora are slso in the way. Is there any special gauges or tools to do this a bit more painlessly?

Old 08-25-2007, 01:14 PM
lschultz
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Checking Tire Pressure

Yea there all a kinda pain in the ***. Why don't they slant them at a angle?I have a short air chuck on mine works for me. I bought one of those round tire pressure guages that has about a 12' hose on it works pretty good. Got one of those digital talking air guages too and it works ok.

Old 08-25-2007, 02:26 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Yep it's a pain in the butt...

I use a stick gauge (you have to kinda work it up between the spokes and get it on just right). My air chuck on air compessor is at a slight angle, so it's not too difficult.

At gas stations I've sometimes found it nearly impossible to get the damned air chuck on to add air. Much cussing and swearing a few times as the money in the air pump is about to run out of time and I'm laying on the ground trying to add air!

Old 08-25-2007, 02:37 PM
tizone
Tourer

from a previous post that I made.... this may help you a lot. I know it helped me...

For those of you interested... I found this guage and really like it. It is made by EZ-AIR and is very simple to use. It had a clip on air chuck that attaches to the stem quick & easy without a lot of messing around. Its on the end of a flexible hose which I wanted because is so touch to get at the valve stem on the Ultra.

Your compressed air source connects to a valve near the round gauge. Its great because to check the tire pressure you just disconnect the air source from the gauge and leave the clip on air chuck attached! If you need more air you just plug the air source back on and keep inflating. If you put a little too much in... there is a small pressure release button up near the face that you push to release some air until the guage reads your desired pressure.

Anyway, it's a simple guage and makes checking the tire pressure painless. And it comes with a nice little pouch to keep it in. I keep mine with me in the tour pack. I attached a picture of it. Just go to www.getagauge.com and check it out. Best of all... it's only $20!

Old 08-25-2007, 02:53 PM
casique
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Tizone, thats an interesting gauge. I think I'll try it. Thanks.

Old 08-25-2007, 02:56 PM
Blackmouth
Road Master

ORIGINAL: tizone

from a previous post that I made.... this may help you a lot. I know it helped me...

For those of you interested... I found this guage and really like it. It is made by EZ-AIR and is very simple to use. It had a clip on air chuck that attaches to the stem quick & easy without a lot of messing around. Its on the end of a flexible hose which I wanted because is so touch to get at the valve stem on the Ultra.

Your compressed air source connects to a valve near the round gauge. Its great because to check the tire pressure you just disconnect the air source from the gauge and leave the clip on air chuck attached! If you need more air you just plug the air source back on and keep inflating. If you put a little too much in... there is a small pressure release button up near the face that you push to release some air until the guage reads your desired pressure.

Anyway, it's a simple guage and makes checking the tire pressure painless. And it comes with a nice little pouch to keep it in. I keep mine with me in the tour pack. I attached a picture of it. Just go to www.getagauge.com and check it out. Best of all... it's only $20!
Bought a similar product at Walmart for $14.
I've had it for about a year now and am very satisfied.
You'll find it in the Automotive section.
Clips easily to the tire chuck and has enough hose so you don't have to get your hands in cramped spaces.
I never have to remove the saddlebag to create needed room likeI used to.

Old 08-25-2007, 02:57 PM
AZ HARLEY
Cruiser

I ordered the one pictured as well.Got it to my door in 3 days!
Works great!

Old 08-25-2007, 03:04 PM
tizone
Tourer

I think you will like it. Best of all... you lose no pressure when releasing the chuck from the valve stem. I have been very happy with how easy it is to use.

Old 08-25-2007, 03:41 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

At your first tire change, have your installer put in an angledvalve stem. Makes all the difference in the world, especially on the back wheel. Have him slant it to the right side, so when the bike is leaning left on the side stand it's easy to get at from the right.

Old 08-25-2007, 04:03 PM
47Norton
Road Captain
Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

I use the lock on type with a guage attached that fits on the end of the air hose. Also allows you to bleed off air. Works great. Not practical to take along on the road though. Sure is handy at home.

Quick Reply: Checking Tire Pressure