Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EZ Pass Blues... Jeez..

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 11:47 AM
tizone
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EZ Pass Blues... Jeez..

The one that I have now is a motorcycle one. I would love to try and mount mine under the fairing like some of you have but its a catch 22. If the darn thing worked consistantly I would do it. Im afraid I will mount it under there and then just have to take the outer fairing off again when the thing doesn't want to work.

Old 08-25-2007, 12:09 PM
03RK
Cruiser

I am in WNY and I have the transponder with the M. The transponder never works even if I havea passanger hold it up or put it in a shirt pocket. Most of my friends use EZPass have the same issue. I just slow down and cruz through and EZPass charges it to my account using my license plate number.

Old 08-25-2007, 12:24 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

ORIGINAL: tizone

The one that I have now is a motorcycle one. I would love to try and mount mine under the fairing like some of you have but its a catch 22. If the darn thing worked consistantly I would do it. Im afraid I will mount it under there and then just have to take the outer fairing off again when the thing doesn't want to work.
You won't know if it will work consistently unless you try it. It's not a big deal removing the fairing.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Old 08-25-2007, 12:43 PM
LowriderFXRS
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What the hell is a toll road?

Old 08-25-2007, 12:54 PM
curmudgeon
Cruiser

mine does nor work on the windshield of my RKC or in the windshield bag or in the saddle bag. The only way I can get it to work in Maine is to take it out of my pocket and wave it over my head. So I just run the light and let them take a picture of my plate and charge my account.

Rant! you want me to Rant! I'll give you a rant! Why is it that it takes 2 pages of 6 point type and an hour and a half to gather all the info and fill out the application to get permission to use a hiway and then two weeks to process it. But to buy a gun it take 20 minute to answer 20 stupid questions ( Are you going to use this gun to teach the bitch a lesson?) and get word back from the Feds.

Old 08-25-2007, 01:16 PM
mcouture
Road Captain
Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

I've held mine in my left hand waving it like crazy and it doesn't go off....ever. I even stopped at one when there was no traffic and I waved it, backed up a bit, went forward and finally just rode off. This is the same EZ-pass I use in my car and it works everytime in my car. I'm going to visit their office on Monday (just a few miles away frm me) because this is rediculous.

Old 08-25-2007, 01:20 PM
AcidRayn
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got the car license plate one, the long black one, and zip tied it to the front, under the head light, on the bar that connects the two driving light s on rkc, never EVER fails to read it, and it looks like it actually belongs there

Old 08-25-2007, 01:32 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, our system they track your license plate as well.
I don't even carry mine half the time and just get the statement with photo recognition tag instead of transponder.
I'm surprised that you guys don't have that setup since we copied you.

Old 08-25-2007, 02:41 PM
cardoctor
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

same problem .even zip tied it to the back of my tag .
wife opened up a pile of violations. going to keep it in my windshield bag and ill pullit out when going thru.

JR

Old 08-25-2007, 02:42 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I straddle the line between the sensors and not need a pass

Quick Reply: EZ Pass Blues... Jeez..