Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tbags question

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 10:16 AM
ianchris1
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tbags question

Hello everyone,
I went to the tbags site and looked at a few of their touring options. They all look very similar to me. Can anyone suggest a particular model? I don't want something too bulky, but would like enough room for probably 4 days worth of stuff. Also, is this going to be a better option than buying a detachable touring pack? Thanks.

Old 08-23-2007, 10:58 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Tbags question

Tbags makes good stuff and I was looking at the Lonestar. http://www.tbags.com/detail.aspx?ID=25
I'm looking at this for week or longer trips. Since only you know how you pack, only you would know how much room you'd need for 4 days. If youi're looking for a smaller bag, check out the Kuryakyn GranTour bag. I have it and use it all the time and love it.

Old 08-23-2007, 10:59 AM
NICK56
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

ive got the t bag that sits on the back seat of my ultra..

works great...lotsa pockets too..
good backrest !

if uve got no passenger... and holds tons!

Old 08-23-2007, 11:15 AM
jraven
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look at Nelson-Rigg http://www.nelsonrigg.com/

Old 08-23-2007, 11:29 AM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 323 Likes on 199 Posts

I have a T-Bag Lonestar and love it. The built-in raincover is a really nice feature and it has lots of pockets. Great bag. Here it is on my old RKC.

Old 08-23-2007, 11:51 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

I have the Tahoe with the top roll. One thing I found with mine I am not too satisfied with, is when the bag is stuffed, the rain cover will not fit. Do a dry run packing and make sure you can still get the raincover on. Btw, I emailed TBag about this and they sent me ra # for the raincover to make sure its the right one or to see if there is a design problem. I guess the guy who owns the company designed the raincovers and when I told them about this he reacted immediately. I got a phone call from them within 2 hrs of sending the email. Personally, given the type of material they make the bag with, I cannot see how a bag could be so stuffed full that the raincover would not fit. Well guess we'll see how this turns out, but at least the company is willing to listen.

Old 08-23-2007, 04:34 PM
Homebrew101
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

T-bags work great although I don't actually have one LOL. A local person here makes copies of the expandable T-Bag out of leather and sells them through some dealerships occasionally for $100. I have used mine almost 10 years and if an expandable T-Bag is like this thing it holds a ton and is not too big if you don't need to expand it all the way. It didn't include a rain cover so I use Hefty bags as liners inside.

Old 08-23-2007, 05:25 PM
TRTSTREET
Intermediate

check out the cool sac brand that most harley dealers sell now i looked at several different brands before i bought and found these to be the best option for me . me and the wife can pack for 5 days with these bags. we have a streetglide with sissybar and the bags just slide over the backrest pad and i didnt even need a luggage rack about 200.oo for mine large bag and a day bag together

Old 08-23-2007, 07:29 PM
tna1000
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just bought the KURYAKYN FULL DRESSER BAG model # 4140. You can get them fairly cheap on ebay. Bought my new for $149. Has alot of space and is expandable.We really enjoy it. I too didnt want anything bulky and this bag fit the bill perfectly. Here is a link.
http://kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=harley&ci=2289

The top portion in the pic folds down if you dontneed it. Of course my wife needs it though. Still not bad at all when fully expanded. Just another option.

Old 08-23-2007, 10:52 PM
07roadie
Advanced

Yea.......if you get the RiggPaks Survivor Series you dont need no stinkin' rain cover! I rode thru Flagstaff last year in a torent down pour, everything was dry as a bone except me! They dont have all the fancy outside pockets like some other bags, but theyare priced right too.I would buy them again.

http://www.nelsonrigg.com/pages/Crui...or-Luggage.htm

Quick Reply: Tbags question