Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Only SYN3 will not impact your warranty, Says Harley Enthusiast Newsletter

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 10:06 AM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Only SYN3 will not impact your warranty, Says Harley Enthusiast Newsletter

I just read this BS in the new Harley Enthusiast magizine in the Letters to the Editor section. This was a answer to a question posed by a so called rider on which lube to use. The Editors answer was this;
SYN3 is the ONLY Synthetic motor oil that does not impact your 24 month unlimited mile factory warranty.- ED

I just sent him this ;
I just read your answer to "Which Lube" in my new HarleyEnthusiast. I beg to differ with your answer where you say SYN3 is the only synthetic oil that will not impact your 24 month warranty. This is pure hog wash, excuse the pun, Any oil or anysynthetic oil that meets the requirements laid down in my owners manual can be used and under the warranty laws of the USA can not impact my warranty. Many of us knowledgeable riders will readyour reply and you will loose all creditability with us as a source for true and un biased information unless you follow up this mistake with the true and correct information. David

Mis information like this put out there from the people like this that should know better could cause some to have warranty claims trouble down the road. If you think this is BS like I do, send him your opinion too.

send to; EnthusiastEditor@pcspeed.com
[/align]

Old 08-23-2007, 10:14 AM
Neggy ZRXOA 5248
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 821 Likes on 462 Posts
Default RE: Only SYN3 will not impact your warranty, Says Harley Enthusiast Newsletter

US Code - Title 15, Chapter 50, Sections 2301-2312
Legally, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty on a vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in the vehicle (per the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C)) . For best results, consider working with performance-oriented dealerships with a proven history of working with customers. If your vehicle manufacturer fails to honor emission/warranty claims, contact EPA at (202) 260-2080 or www.epa.gov. If federal warranty protection is denied, contact the FTC at (202) 326-3128 or www.ftc.gov.

Old 08-23-2007, 10:36 AM
Tech2
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Only SYN3 will not impact your warranty, Says Harley Enthusiast Newsletter

ORIGINAL: gunrunner

I just read this BS in the new Harley Enthusiast magizine in the Letters to the Editor section. This was a answer to a question posed by a so called rider on which lube to use. The Editors answer was this;
SYN3 is the ONLY Synthetic motor oil that does not impact your 24 month unlimited mile factory warranty.- ED

I just sent him this ;
I just read your answer to "Which Lube" in my new HarleyEnthusiast. I beg to differ with your answer where you say SYN3 is the only synthetic oil that will not impact your 24 month warranty. This is pure hog wash, excuse the pun, Any oil or anysynthetic oil that meets the requirements laid down in my owners manual can be used and under the warranty laws of the USA can not impact my warranty. Many of us knowledgeable riders will readyour reply and you will loose all creditability with us as a source for true and un biased information unless you follow up this mistake with the true and correct information. David

Mis information like this put out there from the people like this that should know better could cause some to have warranty claims trouble down the road. If you think this is BS like I do, send him your opinion too.

send to; EnthusiastEditor@pcspeed.com
[/align]
I read that also. Isn't 'The Entusiast' an 'official' publication from the company?

Old 08-23-2007, 10:45 AM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member

Yes it is put out by Harley and comes as part of your H.O.G. membership. I feel it should still have correct info and not propaganda posing as facts.

Old 08-23-2007, 10:48 AM
parakiller
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also agree with you Gunner...they need to put checks on their propoganda machine before it gets them in trouble.

Old 08-23-2007, 10:49 AM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member

Yes it is put out by Harley and comes as part of your H.O.G. membership. I feel it should still have correct info and not propaganda posing as facts.
And just what color is the sky in your world?

J/K

Old 08-23-2007, 11:11 AM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Unome

And just what color is the sky in your world?

J/K
Youre right, in a perfect world blue. I guess I should just face the reality of todays Harley Davidson, Its just another fake sold to the public under the fictious MADE IN AMERICA theme. Being a large majority of its parts are made in forigen countries like china,germany,japan and who knows where else. So I guess we should just let it pass when they try and intimadate us the owners into thinking if we use a product other than the Swill they call syn3 oil all of our warranties will be voided. I hope they don't recall my Harley because the paint has to much lead in it. LOL

Old 08-23-2007, 11:20 AM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 81 Posts

Thats like a lot of wording they use. Im stickin to my choice! They aretrying to confuseus,as if someone would use a less qualified oil. imo

Old 08-23-2007, 12:29 PM
LowriderFXRS
Road Master

I also wrote the Editor of the"Enthusiast" over this issue. Their answer to the "oil" question was total bullcrap and they know it. Here's my letter:

Editor:

In the "Letters" page of the most recent issue of"Enthusiast" magazine, your answer to the question of which synthetic oil to use in a new Harley was totally in error. I'm sure you are aware of the Magnuson/Moss Warranty Act, passed in 1975, in which so-called "Tie-In Sales Provisions" are strictly prohibited. By implying that Harley Davidson "Syn3" is the only synthetic motor oil that will preserve the manufacturer's warranty on a new Harley Davidson motorcycle you are not only lying to your customers but you are violating federal law. Has the Harley Davidson Motor Company become so greedy for profit that they'll stoop to illegal tactics to sell a quart of oil?

Roger LaRue
Burlington, WA

Old 08-23-2007, 12:31 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I just went out to my garage and changed my Redline oil for Syn3.

Thank you MOCO!

Quick Reply: Only SYN3 will not impact your warranty, Says Harley Enthusiast Newsletter