Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone consider the Jaybrake J-FL forward controls???

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 11:54 PM
G Funk
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone consider the Jaybrake J-FL forward controls???

hadn't seen the site until now. only saw the mag ads...hmmmmmmmm

Old 08-23-2007, 03:38 AM
olgreydog7
Road Captain

Someone just posted a week or so ago a RK with the Acutronix FCs. Looks awesome, have definatly thought about it, but there are lotf of other things I know I want to do with that money. They ain't cheap. Besides, the wife just bought me some highway pegs, so she made the decision for me. For a while anyway...

Old 08-23-2007, 09:32 AM
Zimbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Great. Just when I thought I had my plastic paid off. Oh well.

Old 08-24-2007, 07:10 PM
Roofuss96
Road Captain

Have been seriously considering forward controls for my '07 FLHT Standard and have looked at both Jaybrake & Accutronix . The Accutronix info said they are designed for taller riders with long inseam. I'm 6" even witha 31" inseam, so I doubt these will work for me... They are somewhat pricey to boot . The Jaybrake model is cheaper, in black or chrome and seems like they may work for me ? Really want to hang loose for a while and see what kind of feedback there is ? I did order the 2007 Jaybrake " printed catalog " and these FL controls were not listed in it, go figure ????? Just waitin' and watchin' for now ....[sm=smiley25.gif]

Old 09-24-2007, 01:38 PM
modes
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I have shooter64's old accutronix setup. Love them to death! definitely took a couple rides and 5 or so adjustments to get shifter and brake lever location perfect, but I would never go back. I am six nine. Floor boards and even the custom highway peg mounts i made would result in my knees being higher then my hips which would result in uncomfort for numerous reason over time. Now these controls let my knee stay below my hips and below the tank top which allows me to look a little less elephant riding a monkey like. I have5 foot positions to choose from...some subtle differences but that is all it takes....arch on pegs, toes on pegs heels hanging, heels on pegs, ankles on pegs foot forward(usually short period of time to stretch if needed) and I enjoy tossing the heels on my passenger pegs cruising on the highway on occasion. If Iwere to change anything about the accutronix forward controls that would be to put foldable pegs on incase of a good lean. I notice two differences between the accutronix and the jaybrake both of which are of great quality i am sure. Accutronix pegs looks to be more forward then the J, but not many need it out as far as I do so that is not an issue at all, and the second is the reason the accutronix is not able to be on the bike with the crash bar is due to the fact that they utilize that hole aswell as the two floorboard mount holes. This gives alot more support from downward pressure. I assume the J utilizes only the two floorboard mounting holes which I am sure is fine considereing that is how the stock floorboards are mounted and you don't hear of problems of support with them. My $.02 for what they are worth.

Adam

Old 09-24-2007, 03:02 PM
Kasper
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm thinking of going with the Accutronix ones as well. I saw some on a Road King in Sturgis and they looked great. I think more manufacturers will get on board with this idea as more and more baggers seem to be getting hot rodded these days.

Old 09-24-2007, 03:17 PM
modes
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: Kasper

I'm thinking of going with the Accutronix ones as well. I saw some on a Road King in Sturgis and they looked great. I think more manufacturers will get on board with this idea as more and more baggers seem to be getting hot rodded these days.
Nice looking glide!!!

Adam

Old 09-24-2007, 03:36 PM
Kasper
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: modes

ORIGINAL: Kasper

Nice looking glide!!!

Adam
Thanks Adam,
Your bike looks really good too!

Old 09-24-2007, 04:31 PM
ffchadbo
Advanced

Hey Adam
Any pictures of the forward control on your bike?
THANKs

Old 09-24-2007, 05:40 PM
sweetglide
Intermediate

I've got a set of black Jaybrake controls on my vivid black 07 FLHX. I'm 6'4" with a 36" inseam. I was leaning towards a set of Accutronix but found Jaybrakewhile inSturgis. I wasconcerned that the Accutronix would be to long even for me so I went with Jaybrake and the price was right compared to Accutronix. Install was about 1 hr and simple. I took my engine guard off when I purchased the bike so highway pegs are not an option for me. I'm more comfortable now then on floorboards. I left Sturgis on Thursday morning and arrived in Seattle on early Friday moriningand was very comfortable. Should've paid more attention, I could have received my iron bu** 1000, oh well I'll do it later

Quick Reply: Anyone consider the Jaybrake J-FL forward controls???