Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KURYAKYN S#!tty Customer Service Problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 01:14 PM
jnetmac
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KURYAKYN S#!tty Customer Service Problems

I bought a Dlx Primary cover for my RK a year or soago in Ohio. Well I took it off to do a cleaning and lost a main bolt to the cover. I emailed KURYAKYN Customer Service and asked their friendly personnelif they could send me a new hardware pack so I could re-install their product I had. They told me to go back to the place I bought it a year ago (which is 3 states away) and have their parts managercheck the receipt,then have him call Kuryakyn to assure I bought the part from them. Then the parts manager could order the part needed and they would then and only then ship the part to the dealer. WTF!! Are they kidding? I paid almost 100.00 for their over priced part. Then They expect me to jump through hoops to get a 2 dollar bolt from them. I think this set it for me to never buy Kuryakyn parts again. O'well I thought I would let Y'all know of the email reply

Old 08-22-2007, 01:44 PM
Qball
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: KURYAKYN S#!tty Customer Service Problems

I've had good luck with them. They sent me an additional load equalizer no questions asked. I even stopped by their booth at a rally and the tech's fixed a broken footpeg and adjusted my throttle without hesitation.

Old 08-22-2007, 02:02 PM
jnetmac
Cruiser

Wow what a difference, I guess the person at the end of the key pad for me isn't as nice and easy going. You may of swayed me back with field reps like that!

Old 08-22-2007, 02:05 PM
Rick51
Account Deactivated
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You lost the main bolt and your pissed at Kuryakyn? Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

Old 08-22-2007, 02:13 PM
hotpursuit
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Rick51

You lost the main bolt and your pissed at Kuryakyn? Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

i dont think he is pissed at kury for loosing the bolt... he is pissed because he cant seem to get a replacement.... as with alot of companies they might not sell hardware seprately....go to a bolt store and find one there....

Old 08-22-2007, 07:25 PM
daharleyrdr
Tourer

I had an issue with the saddle heat shields I bought from them for my Road King last year. I took em off in the winter wanted to re install them this summer and the brass sleeve was crossthreaded by me. I e mailed em for a replacement and they wanted to charge me $15 plus shipping all I wanted was one, they want to sell me the hardware pack, The shields blow anyways I didnt put em on Im sorry to say Kuryakin isn't getting any of my hard earned coin, thanks Bill

Old 08-23-2007, 02:29 AM
Drelkor
Cruiser

Only had to deal with them once, and it was by phone in 2001. I broke a bolt off when installing one of their covers on my FXDWG. They sent me a bolt at no charge with really no hassle. I'd try calling them instead of email. Sometimes email is too impersonal and it's better to talk to a real person.

Drel

Old 08-23-2007, 06:48 AM
Dr.Hess
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,917 Likes on 1,430 Posts

I bought a set of their highway bar foot pegs for my wife's 883, to replace an aftermarket set that lasted about 40K miles. They were not inexpensive, to say the least. They lasted about 3K miles until one of them disentigrated. This was my first and last Kuryakyn product.

Old 08-23-2007, 06:58 AM
TNBagger
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You might try a trick I discovered while trying to get PC technical support on the phone. The first tech rep I talked to obviously knew little and had some stupid suggestions about a fix. I simply said that I had to go, hung up, waited a few minutes and called back. The second rep was knowledgeable and helpful. Give them another try - you might get lucky this time.

Old 08-23-2007, 07:08 AM
ultrac06
Advanced

I've found that Kuryakyn willwork with a dealer if they are telephoned by the dealer. I needed some replacement screws on the Goldwing thatI hadawhile backand got them through the dealer in less than a week, free of charge. IMHOtheir product, in general, arenice lookingbut don't last long. They need some better "quality control" on the plating process.

Quick Reply: KURYAKYN S#!tty Customer Service Problems