Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KURYAKYN S#!tty Customer Service Problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 07:25 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts
Default RE: KURYAKYN S#!tty Customer Service Problems

Cant another bolt set work like the one's J&P sell?

Old 08-23-2007, 07:50 AM
thirdgoat
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a Kury billet shift rod through a dealer in OH.. I am in VA. The anodizing of one of the jam nuts basically disappeared. CalledKury up, thought maybe they would just send one out, even offered to send in the bad one, plus the two extra colors, but no, "you need to go back to the selling dealer to get a replacement" Might be the last Kuryakyn part I buy also. I had a missing part on an Arlen Ness oil pressure gauge, called them, they FedEx'd it out overnight! I was missing a piece of a Nelson Rigg bag, and they sent one right out.I have dealt with many people and their customer service was excellent. I may be done permanently with the "K" products. People who have crap for customer service makes me look elsewhere...
Your experiences may vary...

Old 08-23-2007, 08:12 AM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 323 Likes on 190 Posts

That's the type of service I got from them going back a few years and I'd swore them off... well, almost. Figured I'd try again this past year and ordered a set of driver and passenger boards. I had a bolt snap on me and called them directly since I'd bought the boards on ebay. They shipped a brand new complete hardware set out so fast that my head spun. As for the quality of their plating, time will tell. I had issues with their plating years ago with my 98 Road King and again in 99 with my Softail Custom.
So far so good for now.

BM

Old 08-23-2007, 08:19 AM
Dr.Hess
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,917 Likes on 1,430 Posts

ORIGINAL: ultrac06
IMHOtheir product, in general, arenice lookingbut don't last long.
That was my observation and experience exactly. The pegs looked really nice, but were really 2 parts where they needed to be one, and those two parts were just pressed together. Of course, the vibration worked the press fit loose and the one peg vanished while I was data logging. I looked at the other peg and it was already loose at the same place. I replaced them with Genuine H.D. pegs.

Oh the good side, though, the next day as I was slowly retracing my route from the previous day when the peg disappeared, looking for the part that fell off, I noticed a Sheriff car waiting to ambush me at the end of a long straight where I had been recording top end wide open throttle data the past few days. Had to find a new test track.

Old 08-28-2007, 11:34 PM
jnetmac
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I went to the local Moco dealer and he called the company. They sent out the 2 bolts needed. Took a half a week or so to get there and cost me $3.00 problem fixed!