Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCIII frying ECM's???

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 12:30 AM
clutchglass
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: PCIII frying ECM's???

This isn't the 1st time I've heard this one...nor the 1st time I've heard of a "stealer" making accusations like this (usually followed by, "Why don't you buy the Harley Race Tuner instead?". A couple important things to note here man:
[ol][*]A visit to Dynojet's website FAQ section will confirm what some of these guys have already said...the PCIII doesn't send any signals to the ECM, but instead modify's the info it gets from the ECM & sends on to your fuel system.[*]I bet a dollar to a doughnut your stealership actually sells the PCIII & yet the idiots don't realize their diagnostic will get no reading from the ECM while a PCIII is hooked up (Also mentioned at the FAQ section of the Dynojet web site.[/ol]
Partner I've been running my PCIII for a little over12,000 miles & couldn't be happier. Hope this helps
-clutch-

Old 08-22-2007, 12:34 AM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I hope you are all right. I just bought and installed a PCIII. I am wondering how many people are concerned that running a PCIII will void the warranty. I know, I know, take it off before you take it to the dealer. Or am I misunderstood? Seems likeI read that some dealers are actually supporting the PCIII. Any input on this would help me sleep better. Thanks. (Yes, I worry too much.)
Steve

Old 08-22-2007, 05:11 AM
Ultrasweet
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These guys are all right. The fuel processors just hijack the signal to the injectors and lengthen the time they stay on. The ECM is diode protected. The diodes are like check valves, they let stuff out but nothing can come back in. These guys are giving you this shti because they don't know what the real problem is. I was in the auto repair business for years and the hardest question to answer is the one nobody ever asked; "will you gaurantee that will fix my problem?". If you ask that question and they can't answer it with an absolute yes then take it to another stealer. Just my 2 Lincolns. T.

Old 08-22-2007, 05:23 AM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member

it's the first i have heard of it.but then again is the stealer ever wrong. yea right.

Old 08-22-2007, 06:14 AM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it's bogus. On the other hand, a tech at a local dealer said that, for my vintage bike with the MM EFI, the ECM can cause problem swith the PCIII. To me, that's more likely since the PCIII takes power and signals from the ECM.

Old 08-22-2007, 09:34 AM
cdog
Intermediate

Both a PCIII and a SERT will void your warranty if they can specifically say those items messed up the bike, which is almost impossible. If it throws a rod, it's real hard to prove that's the fault of the PCIII. Anything not connected to the ECM/fuel system is obviously unaffected.

If you blow it up by misuing a PCIII (basically impossible unless you set everything to like -80) simply remove it,go in, and say "it blew up." Otherwise, tell em to **** off when they start accusing your PCIII of causing issues.

The lazy techs will basically blame every aftermarket part on the thing for causingit to run bad. They hat to do any actual work, so its always "That PCIII is the issue" or "these bikes arent made to use Samson pipes" etc. Just trying to hide their incompetence.

Old 08-22-2007, 09:57 AM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

Off-topic: Fishafly, did you remove your front rotor permanently? It sure shows off your front wheel.

Old 08-22-2007, 10:01 AM
NCCopBikeRider
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Got to agree with all of the above.

PCIII is after the ECU and does not interface backward to the bike.

Have run Dynojet PCs since 99, on Buells, and Harleys with out major issues. Kinda of a pain in the ear to get them tuned occasionally, but that does not cause any harm to the ECU.

Find another dealer and try again.

Good Luck

Ride Em Carry EM

Old 08-22-2007, 10:11 AM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It could be a remote possibility being you remove the factory ecm plug and replace it with the dynojet wiring, but damage would be from a wiring problem or short rather than the pcIII itself.

Old 08-22-2007, 10:16 AM
CndUltra95
Road Warrior
Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

Ill call Bravo Sierra,
There are knock off P O S out there and those maybe the ones doing the ECM damage.
If that is the case , then is it really Dyno Jets (PC111) to blade, more like copyright infringment and other trade issues.
Get a Second Opinion and/or find another dealer/tech to look after your bikes needs and yours as well.

Rob

Quick Reply: PCIII frying ECM's???