Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Center Stand

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 04:46 PM
ns5p
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Harley Center Stand

I have the EZ-up on my 05 eglide-Takes about 10 minutes to install-Works great-Easy to get up or down after
a little practice. I originally got it because of my limited garage space but find I use it all the time now when parking on level places. Also you can safely drive off it.-Very well made-

Old 08-22-2007, 05:01 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

ORIGINAL: stuntmn

Try this site........ http://wheeldock.com/ I have one and it's great...real easy to get it upon stand.
I see that's a drive off stand. Can you spin the rear tire by hand, such as when washing the bike or checking air pressure?

Too bad they don't offer a chrome model.

Old 08-22-2007, 08:24 PM
Rabid
Cruiser

I have the Rivco on the 07 uc. Love it, more room in garage, real easy to wash/wax the bike. Not to bad to get up on the stand using the bag guards to help lift.

Rabid

Old 08-23-2007, 09:32 AM
Arvid
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had the front stand 99002-97A on my last two baggers so when we are 2 up my wife doesn't have to dismount for short stops. She's riding less and less because of medical problems. The center stand is incentive to get her out.

Arvid

Old 08-23-2007, 11:13 AM
dave7mm
Cruiser

I have the H-D display stand.on my Standard.Well worth every penny.For cleaning and storing its the only way to fly.Always fun to park next to the doo rag brothern and pull my glide up on the center stand.Thats just iceing on the cake.[sm=loser.gif]
dave

Old 02-09-2008, 02:55 PM
Nonferrous
Stage IV

I could use a little help regarding the display stand, 99002-97A. I bought one from a friend that went to an oil cooler.
All I have is the stand with the swivel mount, no extra hardware or install instructions. He had a mechanic remove it and hetold me thatno other hardware or brackets are needed, everthings on the bike. There are 4 brackets on the mount, 2 flat and 2 angled up at about 25 degrees. I do not see anything on the bike that corresponds with these, it's a 2007 Ultra.
I am afraid that the mechanic left something on the other bike. It would be very helpful if someone could send me a scan of the install instructions so I get started with this.
If you could tell me if there are more parts needed,that would be helpful, maybe I can still get them before they disapear.
Thanks.

Old 02-09-2008, 03:05 PM
XTrooper3936
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: wjl24

Harley's don't belong on center stands.
Where do ideas like this come from?

FYI, nearly every early Harley came with a rear axle mounted center stand. Originally, jiffy stands were the option.

Old 02-09-2008, 03:38 PM
Wally
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Nonferrous

I could use a little help regarding the display stand, 99002-97A. I bought one from a friend that went to an oil cooler.
All I have is the stand with the swivel mount, no extra hardware or install instructions. He had a mechanic remove it and hetold me thatno other hardware or brackets are needed, everthings on the bike. There are 4 brackets on the mount, 2 flat and 2 angled up at about 25 degrees. I do not see anything on the bike that corresponds with these, it's a 2007 Ultra.
I am afraid that the mechanic left something on the other bike. It would be very helpful if someone could send me a scan of the install instructions so I get started with this.
If you could tell me if there are more parts needed,that would be helpful, maybe I can still get them before they disapear.
Thanks.
Same thing happened to me when i bought mine used. The last guy had a police bike and the parts I needed were welded to and came with the other bike. Best to goto a dealer and get an exploded view of the unit to see how it works. All you'll need is some spaces and bolts. I had mine made out of stainless steel by a friend at his work.

Old 02-09-2008, 04:04 PM
vickon
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I have the HD display stand on my '08 EGClassic, works like a charm and takes about 30minutes to install.
BTW I just put it upon theParts for Sale forumand yes, it is the chromed, adjustable one.

Not my intention to hijack your thread and with all due respect, if anyone is interested it's here https://www.hdforums.com/m_2849239/tm.htm

Thanks

Old 02-09-2008, 04:14 PM
Wally
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll try to post the third attachment from the ad in the classified. If it doesn't work go check it out and you'll see what I'm talking about.
It's not workingworking.
You'll have to remove the regulator, I'm pretty sure the bolts are too short, so you'll have to knock them out and instll longer ones.
Then you'll need some spacers and longer bolts were itattaches on to the bolt that holds the bottom of the engine guard.

Quick Reply: Harley Center Stand