Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour Glide / Road Glide "Ultra"

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 09:38 PM
SIM
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tour Glide / Road Glide "Ultra"

Would anyone like to see a version of the tour glide / road glide make a comeback with detachable parts? I think it would be cool to be able to buy a RG Ultra with detachable tour pack. Give you the best of both worlds, unlimited touring options plus the best ride around. What say you?

Old 08-20-2007, 09:58 PM
MJR
Tourer
Default RE: Tour Glide / Road Glide "Ultra"

After having the Ultra I really lovedthe tour pack, very convenient. Now that I have a rode glide I'll be looking to put a tour pack on it.
The best of both worlds.

Old 08-20-2007, 10:06 PM
Beeracuda
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine's got the lowers and detachable king tour pack. It's great! It didn't have the CB or intercom, but that's OK. Since its a 2002, it still had the cassette player and I was planning on changing that out, so I would have lost those if they had been installed...

Old 08-21-2007, 07:21 AM
KG1
2nd Gear

A full-on '08 ultra road glide is exactly the ride I'm looking for. Got to sell one ofthe ironhorses first though. I'm still thinking about the most cost effective way to do it. I don't reallyneed the cb or intercom.

Old 08-21-2007, 07:27 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

I think it would be a great idea except I don't need the cb or intercom either. I guess lagging sales a few years back caused it's demise[:@].

Old 08-21-2007, 07:29 AM
RD GLD
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm picking up my 08 Road Glidenext week. I will be ordering faring lowers and a king tour pack. The only issue I have is that I'm getting the Anniversary model and they do not have the two tone king tour pack option for the Road Glide, only solid copper or solid black. It is available for the chopped but no way do I want that. Does anyone know if the Ultra king pack fits the Road Glide and if so why would they not offer that two tone?

Old 08-21-2007, 08:04 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: RD_GLD_98

I'm picking up my 08 Road Glidenext week. I will be ordering faring lowers and a king tour pack. The only issue I have is that I'm getting the Anniversary model and they do not have the two tone king tour pack option for the Road Glide, only solid copper or solid black. It is available for the chopped but no way do I want that. Does anyone know if the Ultra king pack fits the Road Glide and if so why would they not offer that two tone?

I'm sure they do or will offer it in two tone but you will probably need a vin from an anniversary Ultra to get one. You could always get the copper and have the black accents painted later.

BTW be sure to post pics when you get it. The RG anniversary is the only model I have not seen yet.

Old 08-21-2007, 09:13 AM
RD GLD
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Monstermile

I'm sure they do or will offer it in two tone but you will probably need a vin from an anniversary Ultra to get one. You could always get the copper and have the black accents painted later.

BTW be sure to post pics when you get it. The RG anniversary is the only model I have not seen yet.
Yea, we'll see here in the near future. I will definitely post some as soon as I get it. The weather is not cooperating here in the midwest and I"m waiting for my exhaust to come in. Without a tuner or engine mods I"m just going with Rush slip on's for now.

Old 08-21-2007, 09:27 AM
EasternSP
Banned
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 24,867 Likes on 9,332 Posts

The detachable tour pac is great for change in riding requirements. Got mine as an incentive from the dealer.

Old 08-21-2007, 10:53 AM
SIM
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: RD_GLD_98

I do not have the 08 parts book but look at the SG tour pack. They fit the RG, but most times are better color combos.

I think it would be a great idea except I don't need the cb or intercom either. I guess lagging sales a few years back caused it's demise.
I don't know if I would use the CB, but the intercom would be nice on long trips with the wife. As well as the rear speakers for the tunes.

Another thing that would be really nice is a passenger backrest that could fold up and fit in the tour pack. Get to your destination, remove the tour pack and install the sissy bar. Ride around in style til you are ready to leave, fold sissy bar up and re install tour pack. Just dreaming I guess.