Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sirius Radio

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 11:07 AM
Tulsa Rambler
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius Radio

Need a little help here guys, am trying to hook up my after market radio to my ultra, using the CD port on the bike radio. Problem is I am getting engine noise though the radio. The noise is there even if I turn the power off at the satellite radio however it will go away it I unhook the power cord from the satellite radio. This tells me the noise is coming through the power cord- am getting the power from the cigarette lighter. Not sure what to try next – any ideas?

Old 08-20-2007, 11:23 AM
AcidRayn
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sirius Radio

i would suggest getting a shielded power cord, should solve the prob. try rat shack

Old 08-20-2007, 11:54 AM
JCTulsa
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just traded a Low Rider for a Ultra Classic 2 weeks ago. One of the first things I did was install my Sirius radio on the new bike. Wired a fused wire to an extra wire around the headlight. No noise at all. Works great. On/off with key. Has power with switch in ign or accy position.
I'm also in Tulsa if you want to have a look sometime.

JC

Old 08-20-2007, 12:11 PM
SFarace20
Cruiser

It sounds like you are trying to hook up Sirius radio, if so, make sure the FM Transmitter is turned off on the Sirius unit. Go to Menu and scroll through to shut off the FM transmitter..... don't ask me how I know.... also turn up the volume on the Sirius unit all the way, then control the volume with the stock radio

Old 08-20-2007, 12:30 PM
db2753
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If you are hooking up a newer style Sirius receiver, the Power Cord has to be 5 volts. I got a cig lighter from local dealer that plugs into the auxillery plug under the seat. Works great. If you need a mount, try this http://www.tss-radio.com/professiona...k1-p-4430.html

Old 08-20-2007, 03:37 PM
FLHDRIVER
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out cyclegadgets.com's website. they have a kit or individual connections to hook up you SAT radio.I originally ordered the install kit from J & M (they make a kit also), but it didn't fit my receiver so they gave me a refund and I call cyclegadgets. You can get inline filters for the power cords from both vendors i believe, it solved my problem.

My only gripe with the MOCO, is that they don't give you a second/seperate AUX port for your GPS (turn by turn directions) audio, like Honda and BMW do. If we listen to SAT radio, you need an earpiece for the GPS, a real PITA.

Old 08-21-2007, 08:20 AM
Tulsa Rambler
Advanced

JC Are you using the FM transmiter on the sat radio or are you using a cable? I am trying to use a cable and am having a problem doing that. If I use the FM it works just fine but as I am touring I keep hitting places where I need to change the station as I am hitting a local station.

Old 08-21-2007, 11:47 AM
JCTulsa
Cruiser

I use a cable from Audio out on the sat radio to Aux plug on console. Radio Shack has a 1' cable with 3.5mm male on both ends. I'm using the Streamer GT sat radio. I bought it when I had my other bike because I could hook earphones direct to the radio.
Hope this helps.

Jerry

Old 08-21-2007, 11:56 AM
JCTulsa
Cruiser

BTW, Audio out is where the earphones plug in. I don't use the FM out. That didn't work for me. Audio out on the Streamer GT works great. Turn volume all the way up on the sat radio and then use thevolume switch on the left handlebar to control speaker volume.

Jerry

Old 08-21-2007, 04:57 PM
Tulsa Rambler
Advanced

OK I will try that to night if I get done mowing the yard soon enough.
eddie