Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorcycle Lift Table

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2023, 11:08 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

Received the lift. Heavy son of a gun, but got it unloaded and set up. Love the air lift. It came with a front extension, I guess for longer bikes like choppers and such. Deciding how long I need for my 09 Ultra. I do think I should center the rear tire over the drop out panel. Doing that I'm not sure I need that front extension. Trying to figure where I should set the chock on the front. Anyone here have one of the Black Widow Pro lifts for using with their Ultra or Electraglide?

Old 02-04-2023, 06:33 PM
Kenelz
Tourer
Received 216 Likes on 130 Posts

I have been looking also. One question I have is some are narrow and you can add side extensions, OR you can get the wider table to start with for a lower combined price. I'm thinking maybe it would nice to remove extenions when it's up to get closer without leaning over. The one I'm shining to is the Black Wiodow.

Old 02-05-2023, 06:05 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Black Widow

Originally Posted by Kenelz
I have been looking also. One question I have is some are narrow and you can add side extensions, OR you can get the wider table to start with for a lower combined price. I'm thinking maybe it would nice to remove extenions when it's up to get closer without leaning over. The one I'm shining to is the Black Wiodow.
I just rec'd the Prolift version of their lifts. Extra wide w/ removable side extensions. While I haven't actually got my Ultra up on it, I am impressed with the construction. I am still working on adding a chock to it instead of the vise it comes with. Tho the delivery process is bad. DR does let you know it's been shipped, but after the common carrier picks it up, communications fall apart. The cc is supposed to call 24 hrs prior to schedule delivery. Mine did not, they just showed up unannounced. For us trying to get to the hospital for a dying family member at that time, it was totally screwed up. The hospital told us if we wanted to say goodbye to my wife's brother, we instead got there long after he passed. All because they failed to do what dr claims will happen. This after I had called dr the day previous to explain it was important that the delivery gets scheduled because of our situation being fluid.
All in all tho, this doesn't diminish the quality of the lift. I'd still buy it. Just be aware of the reality of the shipping profess.

The following users liked this post:
Kenelz (02-05-2023)
Old 02-06-2023, 03:11 PM
LXT
Road Master
Received 567 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by nexeradg
I would not recommend for you to get a Harbor Freight lift. I’m going on my 25th season, 44 years old and moderately agile. I am not confident in riding my Road King on the lift and taking it off without the modifications I did to widen it. Forget about pushing it up. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy that I have one for big jobs, but find I just use my floor jack for basic maintenance.
That set up looks good - I had an old lift that gave up on me, make & model escapes me right now but I think it was a very early K&L type table lift - I looked and couldnt get parts for it to save my azz, the foot controller was touchy & had a sweet spot, along with seals starting to leak & jerky up & down movement, had that lift for like 30 years.....

I was going to replace it with a Black widow wide table lift but didnt - I actually bought the HF lift you have pictured and modified the wheel dock set up, honestly its a pretty decent lift, Ive had my Heritage on it numerous times, Ultra`s, glides various dirt bikes & an Indian vintage - held them all just fine. only complaint is when trying to push a bike onto the table it slides - for me, its better to start the bike, put in gear & walk beside it up onto the lift into the wheel dock then strap it down. I will say I miss the foot controller for the pneumatic lift - but a foot pump is ok & Im in no hurry anymore.

Old 02-06-2023, 04:24 PM
Kenelz
Tourer
Received 216 Likes on 130 Posts

I see the problem of pushing/riding up on the ramp. I'm planning on lengthing my garage, whatever lift I end up with, I would like to have a pit set up before pouring the concrete, so that the top of the lift would be flush with the floor.

Hawg Runner (02-06-2023)
Old 02-06-2023, 04:31 PM
Garage666
Road Master
Received 480 Likes on 253 Posts
Default Lift

Originally Posted by hattitude

Best table lift in the world can't compete with "stupid".....
That is funny as hell.

hattitude (02-06-2023)
Old 02-08-2023, 08:32 PM
sjones73
Cruiser
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

LXT,
Can you take pictures of how you did the extensions?
Thanks you, looks great.

Old 02-08-2023, 09:04 PM
Cruiser117
Cruiser
Received 306 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by armacc
Holy shitskie... I just now watched this Tube link
https://fb.watch/i6CbOy5mG5/
That's terrorizing.
I've seen a mini van go over the front of a drive on Hunter lift and crash into the alignment system.

National Tire & Battery (NTB) also known as "Not To Bright"

Old 02-11-2023, 08:31 AM
Luch_117
Intermediate
Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Default My Setup

The table was the best thing for me to get; wish I did it a long time back as you did. I am working on a 128 build now and its just incredible being eye height with the bike...the bending over and sitting floor days are pretty much over with the exception of certain tasks. I went with the DirectLift - I stumbled on it when looking for options and all in all, doesn't seem to be like a bad unit. I wish I could have gotten one of the US made units out there but the price point kinda changed my mind - I have a lot of parts to buy also!

If you saw me unloading this from the truck single handed you'd be laughing...I had it shipped to my office as the freight charge versus home made a difference.
You won't regret the purchase!

Chris

The following 3 users liked this post by Luch_117:
hattitude (02-11-2023), Mallard Slayer (02-11-2023), Rollbar (02-11-2023)
Old 02-16-2023, 01:35 PM
Rains2much
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,684 Likes on 809 Posts

Back when I lived in Ohio I made a decent ramp/table that got a bike up about 30” from the floor. It worked well and I had the space to use it. Moving to Florida I’ve been using just a rolling lift that sits under the engine, lifts it like 16-18 inches I guess.

Because of this thread I got a HF. Love it. Need a chock and I’ll extend the sides, but wow it’s great.

Quick Reply: Motorcycle Lift Table