Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

motorcycle trailers

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 03:24 AM
Hugh Betcha
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default motorcycle trailers

I would like to buy a motorcycle trailer that would fit my two bikes (road glide and sporty) for transport and for storage. Anyone have any ideas, comments, experience, etc?

Old 11-15-2005, 12:09 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts
Default RE: motorcycle trailers

Depending on your price range, Wells Cargo makes an excellent trailer in several different configurations. The same company also makes different product lines that go by different names. Check out Wells Cargo on the web at www.wellscargo.com and you will find a link to their other websites. Wells Cargo is the premium trailer in the line up. The other brands fall below that in price depending on how they are equipped.

Old 11-15-2005, 12:16 PM
Beach801
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh yeah, sounds like a Wells Cargo ad .............. be sure and crawl under that trailer to check those welds ...... I have a 16' Wells Cargo ....... I am surprised it has held together .........the welds look like someone with a cheap Home Depot welder did it that was on the front end of the learning curve ............ There are probably a hundred bike trailer makers out there ....... do a search on the web for "Bike or Motorcycle trailers" ....... then do a little shopping ...... I am thinking I will build my next one ....ya know, do a custom.

Old 11-15-2005, 02:31 PM
Birch
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kendon makes a great one and will hold 2 bikes no problem.

Old 11-15-2005, 04:55 PM
Qball
Ultimate HDF Member

I have a 7 X 14 Horton Hauler, dual axle, electric brakes, enclosed trailer. Works great as a shed or trailer for three bikes. Four are really tight but can be done. I would go with at 7 foot wide rather than a 6.

Old 11-15-2005, 05:44 PM
DragonNester
Tourer

I have a Low Hauler by Haulmark. It's been to S.D., C.O., And FL. (twice). I went with the 8' wide version to get as much space between the bikes as possible. Its low design allows it to fit under most open garage doors. It' has dual axles with brakes. I wouldn't tow 2 bikes without the extra stopping power.

Shop around but don't skimp on safety items or construction. I've seen $50,000 worth of bikes in trailers meant for lawn mowers.

Check them out: www.haulmark.com

Hows that for a commerial?

Old 11-15-2005, 09:59 PM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

I live in Northern CA... I have a Kendon Standup trailer (single) they also make a dual... This is the BEST for towing and when I store it in the garage,, it takes up LESS space then my Harley does... Tows super... I have towed to Vegas, Utah, WA... pull it with a Toyota Avalon at 70mph and you barley know its back there... Of course if you have room,,, get the Wells Cargo.. but if not take a look...
http://www.kendontrailers.com/

Old 11-16-2005, 01:19 AM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

2 axles are much better than one, electric brakes are priceless! no matter what brand you buy!!

Old 11-17-2005, 02:00 AM
Hugh Betcha
Intermediate

Thank you all. I am looking seriously at the Haulmark, LowHauler, 8 feet wide 14 feet long, tandem with electriic brakes. I have an '05 Chevy Avalanche 1500 4WD to pull it.

Old 11-17-2005, 02:32 AM
Snarly
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Hugh Betcha

I would like to buy a motorcycle trailer that would fit my two bikes (road glide and sporty) for transport and for storage. Anyone have any ideas, comments, experience, etc?
I have a Chariot, enclosed. Excellant.Chariot Trailers

Quick Reply: motorcycle trailers