Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

motorcycle trailers

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 04:21 AM
ApeKing
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: motorcycle trailers

Sorry but I GOTTA add my .02
Trailers are for boats and broken mototrcycles.

Old 11-17-2005, 07:09 AM
panz4ever
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,349 Likes on 1,520 Posts

For what it's worth, I gotta agree with Apeking...arent' trailers those 2 minute ads that go with newly released movies to get you to see it? Seriously though I am sure there may be a valid reason for needing one. What is disappointing/disturbing is to be be riding a stock 65 (no breakdowns cuz I do my own maintenance) from Kalif to Sturgis and seeing a bunch of weenies unloading their bikes off a trailer some 60-90 miles out of town and riding in as though they were some hard core rider. Clearly Bulls**t! but hey if they believe it I guess it works for them. I can respect those who choose to trailer a long distance provided they trailer all the way and do not make false pretenses. I can never repsect the ones who pretend to be something they truly are not.

Old 11-17-2005, 07:55 PM
Hugh Betcha
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with the last two posts. However, I am a single dad with three boys 10, 11 & 13. My ability to ride long distances is limited because the kids come first. Having the trailer will let me get somewhere quicker than I could if I had to bike there and it also lets me take my kids and my bike--the best of both worlds. Also, it gives me a dry, secure place to store the bikes in the winter.

Old 11-17-2005, 08:52 PM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Hugh Betcha

I agree with the last two posts. However, I am a single dad with three boys 10, 11 & 13. My ability to ride long distances is limited because the kids come first. Having the trailer will let me get somewhere quicker than I could if I had to bike there and it also lets me take my kids and my bike--the best of both worlds. Also, it gives me a dry, secure place to store the bikes in the winter.
All good, valid reasons for buying and using a trailer. I used to trailer my bike out to the desert races back when. I know if circumstances were different that you would ride. Family first always.

Old 11-17-2005, 09:17 PM
Snarly
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: panz4ever

For what it's worth, I gotta agree with Apeking...arent' trailers those 2 minute ads that go with newly released movies to get you to see it? Seriously though I am sure there may be a valid reason for needing one. What is disappointing/disturbing is to be be riding a stock 65 (no breakdowns cuz I do my own maintenance) from Kalif to Sturgis and seeing a bunch of weenies unloading their bikes off a trailer some 60-90 miles out of town and riding in as though they were some hard core rider. Clearly Bulls**t! but hey if they believe it I guess it works for them. I can respect those who choose to trailer a long distance provided they trailer all the way and do not make false pretenses. I can never repsect the ones who pretend to be something they truly are not.
As for me, I'll use a trailer when I want to, weather I get your respect or not.

Old 11-17-2005, 11:36 PM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: ApeKing

so what do you do when you go on vacations with wifey, kids, dogs ect?

Old 11-18-2005, 12:16 AM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: mikeisglidn

ORIGINAL: ApeKing

so what do you do when you go on vacations with wifey, kids, dogs ect?
Take the wifey;leave the rest with friends or relatives.

Old 11-18-2005, 04:13 AM
ApeKing
Road Warrior

If wifey wants to go she can either get on back or follow along and bring me some extra undies Getting on back for more than an hour or so aint for her so she either follows or doesnt go.

Old 11-18-2005, 09:28 AM
DragonNester
Tourer

Love your ape hangers -- had them on a Superglide I rode for years. I can't imagine going on a long trip with them though. My arms wouldn't go back down after riding all day -- might be the age difference, don't know.

Old 11-18-2005, 12:31 PM
ApeKing
Road Warrior

Just takes some adaptation. Being a carbed bike with no cruise ya just gotta snug down the throttle screw and put your arms in your lap for a few miles now and then

Quick Reply: motorcycle trailers