Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ultra classic inner fairing alignment?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 07:19 PM
barneyz71
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultra classic inner fairing alignment?

I don't see anything in the service manual about aligning the inner fairing so I'm asking for help here.
Looking at the inner fairing from the drivers seat the left side fairing mounted mirror is much closer to the handle bar than the right side mirror.
If I look along the ridge of the inner fairing at there closest point to the handle bars the left side is almost touching and the right side has a gap of maybe an inch. I would like to move the left side out to get the mirror farther away from my clutch lever and make it look more symmetrical with the right.
Is the adjustment possible? I have the outer fairing off now but cant see what needs to be adjusted.
Thanks,
[/align]

Old 08-17-2007, 07:47 PM
drdiesel1
Road Captain
Default RE: Ultra classic inner fairing alignment?

The clutch lever perch sounds like itneeds to be rotated to match the brake lever.
Check your levers and make sure they are set the same first.

Old 08-17-2007, 07:58 PM
barneyz71
Advanced

ORIGINAL: drdiesel1

The clutch lever perch sounds like itneeds to be rotated to match the brake lever.
Check your levers and make sure they are set the same first.
They are set the same... Its the fairing... The left side is closer to the bar within the first 2 inches outside the fairing.

[IMG]local://upfiles/14445/3A5292C74EA94B4DB8A8EC235F203BAD.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-17-2007, 08:05 PM
fastony
Advanced

I think I feel your pain, I have an 07 EG and the right bag is 1/2" higher than the left. I have done everything I know to do. they will not line up[:-]

Old 08-17-2007, 08:18 PM
SteelCityScooter
Road Master

The only thing that holds the fairing to the bike is the four Torx head screws on the upper forks. There are two one either side.

About the only thing that could be done, is loosen the two on the left side and trying moving the bottom in and tighten. A small movement down there will translate into a lot more movement at the upper part near the bars. (The innerfairing "leg" should fit symetrically around the upper fork tube)
You will be moving the inner fairing and the inner fairing brakets when you loosen those screws.

Old 08-17-2007, 08:24 PM
barneyz71
Advanced

ORIGINAL: SteelCityScooter

The only thing that holds the fairing to the bike is the four Torx head screws on the upper forks. There are two one either side.

About the only thing that could be done, is loosen the two on the left side and trying moving the bottom in and tighten. A small movement down there will translate into a lot more movement at the upper part near the bars. (The innerfairing "leg" should fit symetrically around the upper fork tube)
You will be moving the inner fairing and the inner fairing brakets when you loosen those screws.
Thank you... That did the trick.
Thanks again... It would have kept me up all night.