Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SADDLEMEN SEAT OPINION

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 03:27 PM
sherpa
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SADDLEMEN SEAT OPINION

Does anyone have any experience with saddlemen seats. I am thinking about their renegade solo for my 06 RK custom. I like the fact that they are available in leather.

Old 11-15-2005, 12:43 AM
Papamte
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: SADDLEMEN SEAT OPINION

Sherpa, I have owned two of their seats. The first was a Road Sofa model for my 1984 Goldwing. I wasn't real happy with this seat as the seat was longer causing me to buy a tourpak relocator kit to make it fit without crowding the tourpak. Also the seat wasn't and still isn't a big improvement over the stock seat. The next seat was the Explorer Special and this seat was a big improvement over stock. This seat I had on my 2000 ACE Tourer and felt and looked awesome on the bike.

I would try to find someone who has the exact same seat and get their honest opinion of the seat. Not every seat they make is great in my honest opinion.

Old 11-15-2005, 09:44 AM
JamieWG
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I put a Saddleman seat on my old Suzuki. I found the seat to be well made and I was happy with the fit. It wasn't as comfortable as the stock seat, but it was a Profiler model. I think it was designed more for looks than comfort. It had a gel insert and I found that feature to be useless. It might work better on a touring seat, but on the gunfighter style seat, your *** is gonna hurt no matter what they put in it. I can't swear to it, but I think I saved money by ordering the seat through someone else besides Saddleman. The prices on their webpage are a little higher than what other places sell the seats for.

Old 11-16-2005, 06:35 PM
bonzo2
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I still like staying with the looks of a stock seat. I am sending mine out this weekend to have Tempour Memory Foam insterted inside the original skin. Everytime you hop on the bike the seat mold to your butt, pants creases and all. It is the most comfortable ride you can get. Runs about $250 for the rider portion or $325 for the rider and passenger. Well worth the money. The name of the company is Stitch in Time!! http://www.asweetseat.com/ Give Brian a call. You can ship your seat to him and he will have it done and back to you quickly. I had an 03 fatboy with a stock HD Heritage seat that was done by Stitch in Time and I could ride all day. Sold the bike when i bought the 06 Ultra and need to have this seat done over. Once you have this done you will never worry about a seat again.

Old 11-16-2005, 10:40 PM
Matt8643
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Mustang solo saddle on my RK Custom. It is extremely comfortable.
~Matt