Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just bought a used Street Glide with a Screamin' Eagle 110 in it, trying to figure out exactly what I have...

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2022, 06:07 PM
bm11
Cruiser
Received 119 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Just bought a used Street Glide with a Screamin' Eagle 110 in it, trying to figure out exactly what I have...

First post, but I guess I've been a member for 13 years! This is my third Harley, but I have been bike free for about 10 years now. A friend of mine had picked this 2011 Street Glide up to have a second bike, thinking having two bikes would get friends to ride more, but didn't find enough use for it. He mentioned he might be selling it, I mentioned I might be interested, and a couple weeks later he reached out and said he'd sell it. I checked it out, and the deal was too good to pass up, so I bought it on the spot.

He isn't much of a gearhead, just knew that it had a bigger motor in it. It was a good enough deal to buy with a stock 103, but I could see that it had Screamin' Eagle 110 heads, which was a good start. I got ahold of the previous owner who is a friend of a friend, and got the lowdown- he had bought the bike used, and blew the motor up at around 16k miles. The original owner had upgraded cams but hadn't upgraded valves, and it floated a valve, scrapping everything including the lower end. According to the person he had bought it from, the engine is a "factory CVO stage 5 110" that had come in a bike he won in a raffle. This raffle advertised that the bike had a CVO Stage 5 110 in it, allegedly making 125HP. It didn't make 125 HP, he wasn't happy, and ended up putting a big S&S crate motor in it after putting "less than 500 miles on it." He sold it to the second owner but kept the throttle body, and the second owner had it put in this Street Glide and tuned. He said it made 118hp and 135hp with the Dragos 2-1 pipe that this bike still has on it. After a couple years of non use, sold it to my buddy, who put 1600 total miles on it and then sold it to me, now with 20k miles on the bike and around 5k miles on the motor, if everything is accurate.

Now, it'll be impossible to tell the actual mileage on the motor, but I'm hoping to tell what it actually is so I have a better idea of exactly what headroom I have for mods of my own. I had it dyno'd, and the numbers came out a bit lower, but still quite a bit better than a stock 110:

According to my tuner, he thinks he could make some minor tweaks to the tune as he thinks it is a bit on the lean side, but he doesn't think he can get much, if any, more power out of it.

So, at this point I know I have a Screamin' Eagle 110 making 99 hp and 115 ft/lbs of torque. I was able to decipher the part number on the throttle body, and determined that I have a 58mm throttle body. According to my local tuner, the fuel injectors are "white band" which is odd as those are pretty low flow, according to him. Does it even make sense that I'd have low flow injectors making this type of power, or is it possible they are something other than what he thought?

I'm hoping the collective knowledge of this forum might help me determine the rest of the puzzle- IE, is it really a "Stage 5 CVO Screamin' Eagle 110?" I assume that would mean it's a CVO 110 with a Stage 5 kit on it, which according to the Harley description found here: https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/e...0CI/p/92500038 that it should be the following:
This comprehensive kit provides a complete package of matched components that allow you to build a high performance 110ci Twin Cam without voiding the factory warranty. The unique Screamin' Eagle® 4.0" big bore cylinders are engineered to slip into the engine cases without case machining or modification, so the engine stays in the chassis during the build.
• Includes 4.0" cylinders, SE CNC-Ported Cylinder Heads, matching 10.2:1 forged high compression pistons and rings, SE-259 cams, perfect-fit pushrods, high-capacity roller tappets, cam cover gaskets, heavy duty clutch spring, high flow fuel injectors
• Also includes the SE 58mm Throttle Body with high flow fuel injectors
• All EFI-equipped models require dealer-installed ECM calibration download or use of Screamin' Eagle® Street Tuner Kit (priced separately)
• Recalibration is required for proper installation, See Dealer for details, Labor cost not included
• Separate purchase of cam spacers is recommended
• Requires separate purchase of accessory 58mm air cleaner and Cam Drive Retention Kit P/N 25566-06
• When installed by an authorized Harley-Davidson® Dealer at the time of vehicle delivery, these kits do not impact the vehicle's limited warranty

I'm just hoping to verify, because from there I can hopefully figure out what the next steps are to get a bit more out of it. My tuner isn't a big Screamin Eagle guy (he isn't a Harley dealer) and suggests that the next step would be to go to a T-Man 113" upgrade.

Hoping you all can help in any way possible. Psyched to be riding again, regardless!

Thanks,

-BM

Old 08-09-2022, 06:32 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,609 Likes on 2,727 Posts

Stage 5?

The following 2 users liked this post by Keithhu:
OkieBill (08-11-2022), ybnorml (08-09-2022)
Old 08-09-2022, 06:33 PM
ybnorml
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 28,974 Likes on 11,598 Posts

Originally Posted by Keithhu
Stage 5?
That was my first thought.....

Old 08-09-2022, 06:36 PM
bm11
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Keithhu
Stage 5?
Supposed to be. From my research, that is what they were called back then. I believe they updated the nomenclature and it would be called a "Stage 4" nowadays. But you can still find a "Stage 5 Tire Shredder Kit" on the website, I linked it in the OP.

Last edited by bm11; 08-09-2022 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Originally mis named as "tire ripper" not "tire shredder".
Old 08-09-2022, 06:45 PM
J F GO
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,347 Likes on 1,747 Posts

Yeah, I'd have to say no to most of your post. Those numbers are about what a CVO 110 makes out of the box. You won't get much more just because of a 58 mm throttle body. There are a few guys on here who have "tampered" with their 110's and spent lots of due diligence and money to get some really good numbers. There is a lot still available for you to do but you will have to do the same as they have. Good luck with your build and keep us apprised of what you're thinking. Lots of good people here that will be willing to help you spend your hard earned, but you will get some good advise, most of the time. Ride safe.

Old 08-09-2022, 07:01 PM
bm11
Cruiser

Originally Posted by J F GO
Yeah, I'd have to say no to most of your post. Those numbers are about what a CVO 110 makes out of the box. You won't get much more just because of a 58 mm throttle body. There are a few guys on here who have "tampered" with their 110's and spent lots of due diligence and money to get some really good numbers. There is a lot still available for you to do but you will have to do the same as they have. Good luck with your build and keep us apprised of what you're thinking. Lots of good people here that will be willing to help you spend your hard earned, but you will get some good advise, most of the time. Ride safe.
Well, as a starting point I was hoping to get a little help verifying what actual parts the motor has on it, and then figure out options from there. I assume there is a part number somewhere on the heads, ideally in a location that doesn't require a ton of disassembly? The motor has a number on the side of the case, but I'm sure it probably doesn't tell a ton. It's *KTMG641907* if I'm seeing correctly, for whatever it's worth.

Old 08-09-2022, 07:05 PM
bm11
Cruiser

Originally Posted by J F GO
And, to add onto my previous thread, I'm not opposed to any number of upgrades, I just don't want to do unnecessary ones. IE- if my heads and compression ratio are good but the cam is lacking, doing just a cam and tuning would be the most logical upgrade in that case. But if the only option is bore the jugs/replace them, replacing the heads, replacing the cams, ETC, I'm open to that as well.

Old 08-09-2022, 07:30 PM
J F GO
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,347 Likes on 1,747 Posts

Not trying to be disrespectful but no one here is looking at what you have nor do we have the vin number which, by the way, will tell you a lot. As I took another look at your post the cams are stock for a 110 motor. If the heads have a metal plate attached to it that says Screamin' Eagle, then those are correct but unless you go into the motor I have no idea if the lifters and push rods have been upgraded and the crank updated. Like I said in my post, YOU, will have to do your due diligence to determine what you have and how to proceed. I own an 07 SERK and I got all the paper of what was done to it and what it produced and that's the only way, other than tearing it down that you will know for sure. Again, Good Luck.

Old 08-09-2022, 08:05 PM
Screamin beagle
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,089 Likes on 2,043 Posts

I'll agree with the other guys...those dyno numbers sure say standard issue 110 type power with a stage one and a tune. No way of knowing if the bottom end was done or not. It sounds like it was a 110 drop on kit and you're not getting 113 without splitting the cases unless it is an actual screaming eagle 110 motor, then you can bore to a 113. But it seems like it could be either one. With those dyno numbers I wouldn't believe anything you're being told about the motor. It must run pretty good right? If it was mine I'd replace the lifters regardless of mileage with some quality aftermarket ones and then I'd just ride it until winter or it needed some attention. Otherwise just enjoy it...sounds like a sweet bike.

The following users liked this post:
OkieBill (08-11-2022)
Old 08-09-2022, 08:21 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,370 Likes on 2,543 Posts

Originally Posted by bm11
The motor has a number on the side of the case, but I'm sure it probably doesn't tell a ton. It's *KTMG641907* if I'm seeing correctly, for whatever it's worth.
that would be an abbreviated vin number. KT denotes road glide special, M denotes twin cam 103, and G is for a model year 2016, followed by the sequential number.

if the heads say screamin eagle 110, those are not the stock heads that came on cvo models. cvo is more likened to a 'trim package' and doesn't have screamin eagle parts in it stock.

Last edited by skratch; 08-09-2022 at 08:32 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Zedbra (08-13-2022)

Quick Reply: Just bought a used Street Glide with a Screamin' Eagle 110 in it, trying to figure out exactly what I have...