Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just bought a used Street Glide with a Screamin' Eagle 110 in it, trying to figure out exactly what I have...

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2022, 08:23 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,803 Likes on 9,866 Posts

A tire Shredder kit was installed in my '16 RGU prior to my buying it. I did not have it done, but it was one reason I bought the bike. It is a good running motor, but not as powerful as one could get if one spent a like amount on a good aftermarket kit from a reputable builder, such as Hillside.
That being said, one of the first things I did was change cams and lifters. Especially the lifters. Replaced them with a set of Hylift Johnsons from WFOLarry. I haven't had it tuned yet, but have run a bunch of tunes with the aid of a PowerVision from Fuel Moto.

Old 08-09-2022, 09:11 PM
roussfam
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,220 Likes on 3,753 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
that would be an abbreviated vin number. KT denotes road glide special, M denotes twin cam 103, and G is for a model year 2016, followed by the sequential number.

if the heads say screamin eagle 110, those are not the stock heads that came on cvo models. cvo is more likened to a 'trim package' and doesn't have screamin eagle parts in it stock.
So the guy that sold said it's a stage 5 110" and it's actually a 103"? That's gotta suck

Old 08-09-2022, 11:22 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 6,262 Likes on 3,416 Posts

Similar numbers I had on my SE 110. I was 101/120 with ss585 cams.

I loved the 110 while I had it, mine was in a FXDLS

Old 08-10-2022, 05:03 AM
bm11
Cruiser
Received 119 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Screamin beagle
I'll agree with the other guys...those dyno numbers sure say standard issue 110 type power with a stage one and a tune. No way of knowing if the bottom end was done or not. It sounds like it was a 110 drop on kit and you're not getting 113 without splitting the cases unless it is an actual screaming eagle 110 motor, then you can bore to a 113. But it seems like it could be either one. With those dyno numbers I wouldn't believe anything you're being told about the motor. It must run pretty good right? If it was mine I'd replace the lifters regardless of mileage with some quality aftermarket ones and then I'd just ride it until winter or it needed some attention. Otherwise just enjoy it...sounds like a sweet bike.
Thanks for the advice! The bike does run good, and I wouldn't be doing anything until winter regardless as it's a short summer here in Maine. I'd like to get more power out of it (and make it "mine" in the process) but it's tough to figure out where to go with it without knowing where it currently is. If it is a stock 110, then upgrading heads, compression, and cams will probably do a lot more than if it were a "stage 5" already.

Old 08-10-2022, 05:10 AM
ybnorml
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 28,974 Likes on 11,598 Posts

Originally Posted by bm11
Thanks for the advice! The bike does run good, and I wouldn't be doing anything until winter regardless as it's a short summer here in Maine. I'd like to get more power out of it (and make it "mine" in the process) but it's tough to figure out where to go with it without knowing where it currently is. If it is a stock 110, then upgrading heads, compression, and cams will probably do a lot more than if it were a "stage 5" already.
Where abouts in Maine are you ?? General location.......

Old 08-10-2022, 05:15 AM
bm11
Cruiser

Originally Posted by roussfam
So the guy that sold said it's a stage 5 110" and it's actually a 103"? That's gotta suck
No, nothing like that. My friend I bought it from isn't a gearhead at all, didn't know what it was other than not a stock motor. I tracked down the owner prior to him, who had nothing to gain by overselling or lying to me as I already owned it at that point and he had already sold it a couple years ago, he was just telling me what the motor was when he bought the motor. It's a 110, it just sounds like it isn't a factory 110, but a 103 with a Screamin Eagle 110 kit on it.

Old 08-10-2022, 05:16 AM
bm11
Cruiser

Originally Posted by skratch
that would be an abbreviated vin number. KT denotes road glide special, M denotes twin cam 103, and G is for a model year 2016, followed by the sequential number.

if the heads say screamin eagle 110, those are not the stock heads that came on cvo models. cvo is more likened to a 'trim package' and doesn't have screamin eagle parts in it stock.
Super helpful! Yes, the heads say "Screamin Eagle 110". It sounds like it's a 103 that has a Screamin Eagle 110 kit on it. Here is a picture, I should have included it before:

Old 08-10-2022, 05:18 AM
bm11
Cruiser

Originally Posted by QC
A tire Shredder kit was installed in my '16 RGU prior to my buying it. I did not have it done, but it was one reason I bought the bike. It is a good running motor, but not as powerful as one could get if one spent a like amount on a good aftermarket kit from a reputable builder, such as Hillside.
That being said, one of the first things I did was change cams and lifters. Especially the lifters. Replaced them with a set of Hylift Johnsons from WFOLarry. I haven't had it tuned yet, but have run a bunch of tunes with the aid of a PowerVision from Fuel Moto.
Good to know there are still upgrades to be done without scrapping everything (potentially) done prior. Do you have a dyno session scheduled? If so, really curious to hear your results!

Old 08-10-2022, 05:21 AM
bm11
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ybnorml
Where abouts in Maine are you ?? General location.......
About 20 minutes from Bigboyz, if that's what you're thinking?

The following users liked this post:
ybnorml (08-10-2022)
Old 08-10-2022, 06:40 AM
roussfam
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,220 Likes on 3,753 Posts

Originally Posted by bm11
No, nothing like that. My friend I bought it from isn't a gearhead at all, didn't know what it was other than not a stock motor. I tracked down the owner prior to him, who had nothing to gain by overselling or lying to me as I already owned it at that point and he had already sold it a couple years ago, he was just telling me what the motor was when he bought the motor. It's a 110, it just sounds like it isn't a factory 110, but a 103 with a Screamin Eagle 110 kit on it.
Got it. Thanks

Quick Reply: Just bought a used Street Glide with a Screamin' Eagle 110 in it, trying to figure out exactly what I have...