Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sucks to be home

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007 | 10:06 PM
ezlife
|
Road Master
Default Sucks to be home

Well I take back what I said on my earlier post about New Hampshire drivers being crazier than home on L.I.

Coming back home tonight from a visit to mom's house around 8:30, some cager takes a wide right turn from my lane as I'm coming around going other way on a 90* bend, and pushes me right off road.

Downshift quick, apply some brakes, not enough, heforced me right into the dirt shoulder, bike low sides, hits burm on shoulder, then highsides me over bike into a few rolls and into a chainlink fence.

SOB never stopped! Got up and killed bike, which was still running. Stood her back up, did a once over for leaks, damage, etc. Started her up and rode down the road to an area I could take a good look at it. Tore up bottom outer edge of leftside saddle bag, engine guard took much of it and bent in on leftside about 2", this forced rightside of guard to put 3" crease into right upper fork cover. Handlebars pushed all the forward, pulled them back. Overall though, pretty lucky. No damage to engine, footboards, exhaust, fenders, tank, lights, or levers.

Will have to replace engine guard, and probably one bag. I'll replace fork cover when I do some front end work. A good excuse for some upgrades.

I got a few scrapes, and bruised right top ribs pretty good, although I don't think they're cracked. Blonde took it all well when I got home, hope'n she'll play nurse for me tonight to sooth my pain. Glad she wasn't ridin two-up with me. Last time I put my scoot down was over twenty years ago, now I remeber how much it sucks.

Bike still runnin awesome though and I'm back on tomorrow.

I do wish I was back in those northern NH mountains though!

One more thing, not one MF stopped to see if I was OK or offer to help. They were passing me as I was getting up from the weeds with the bike down. Yea, sucks to be home!

EZ

Old 08-15-2007 | 10:31 PM
ToadsUltra07
Cruiser
Default RE: Sucks to be home

Ezlife,

Sorry about the accident. Just glad yah made it home!!! Could have been uglier if yah know what I mean.

ToadsUltra07
"If yah feel froggie, JUMP!"

Old 08-16-2007 | 12:44 AM
btefft
Outstanding HDF Member

Oh, man, what a bummer! I an guarrantee you that if I'd seen you, this ole boy would definitely have stopped. And after seeing that you were okay, I'd love to have run down the SOB in the cage for you, at least get a tag number for the cops!

Glad you're okay, hate it about the bike,
Hack

Old 08-16-2007 | 12:55 AM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member

CRASHIN' SUCKS!

Glad you're alright.... Bike can be fixed... That's why we have insurance...

Old 08-16-2007 | 04:31 AM
BirchwhiteHD
Road Master

Glad your ok,and dont worry i'll take another ride in northern NH foryou on sat &sunday,some great riding here in NH

Old 08-16-2007 | 04:41 AM
db2753
Tourer

Sounds like you are very lucky and I'm also glad you are unhurt. Darn Northern Drivers, I was going to head up that way in a few weeks, thinking of heading south now.

Old 08-16-2007 | 05:36 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

glad you didn't get seriously hurt. unfortunately, there are idiots everywhere. we were on a cvma run this last saturday. cruising down the road, 65 in a 55 zone, two lane road. theres about 25 of us. a**hole in a pickup truck decides he's gonna pass all 25 bikes at once. i don't think the guy in the dumptruck coming from the other way thought that was such a good idea. he had to go off the road to keep from squashing the pickup truck. a**hat in the truck throws it back into our lane, almost taking out about 6 bikes in the process. then he turns left about 2 miles down the road. friggin tool! [:@]

Old 08-16-2007 | 06:57 AM
blmoore20
Cruiser

Bummer! Glad your OK. It's easier to fix the bike than YOU.

Come back to NH soon. All we worry about are the Massachusetts drivers coming up to our liquor stores!

Ride safe!