Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Triumph Road King Clone

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 12:29 PM
UGGA
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Triump Road King Clone

I like it - looks like it's time for another scoot. Triumph has almost built the bike that I wish Harley would build. I say almost because it's not a V-Twin. I'd love to see an HD 2+ liter liquid cooled V-Twin.

Old 08-15-2007, 01:04 PM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Triump Road King Clone

I got the link to this from guy I work with, he rides aTriumph Sprint ST. He brought in a sales brochure for the Rocket and what really caught my eye was their claimed 147 ft/lbs of torque at 2,500 rpm. I know it's a 3 cylinder but even if you cut one off, that's still a bunch. I'd like to see one up close and personal but it would never replace my RK. Now, if I hit the lottery with tonight's drawing I could see buying a second motorcycle. And a third..................

Old 08-15-2007, 04:04 PM
jack49
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Triumph Road King Clone

One pulled up to me on the highway. Guy hit the throttle and was gone.
Very fast,very ugly,and no I didn't even bother hitting the throttle.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:12 PM
Mountainkowboy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,010 Likes on 544 Posts

I went to Fontana raceway for an AMA race and a local Trump/Duck dealer was there with som bikes to look at and was handing out "free ride" tickets for the Rocket. I had to ride down to the dealer 3 weeks later to ride one and hear the sales pitch. No big it was a nice ride there and back. The Rocket is a "Rocket", nice bike, but I like the Bonnie better.

Old 08-15-2007, 10:23 PM
dircha
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Neckball
Looks like Triumph's Rocket 3 is going to get some styling changes. As much as I love my Road King, I sure would love to have the power the Rocket puts out.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/Ne.../?&R=EPI-93541
I don't like the look of it, personally. The chrome tank sides look gaudy and the gigantic radiator is out of proportion.

And the bags, while a good attempt, are smaller and higher set than you'll get on a HD. I don't get why they don't maximize their use of space with these. This is supposed to be a touring bike.

Old 08-16-2007, 06:48 AM
JBBOOKS
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think the listed HP/Torque values are at the crank, not the rear wheel. Regardless, those are some awesome numbers for a stock touring bike right off the show room floor.

Old 08-16-2007, 07:06 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

Don't do anything for me, just another attempt to get into the cruiser market by copying a Harley in my book, and a poor one at that.
If you won't more power put in a 98" kit, or if you have a 96" now go to a 110 with some head mod's, then you'll have some good power.

Old 08-16-2007, 12:58 PM
Blackisfast
Tourer

Loved my old Trump, but have to agree...looks like the bastard child of a V-Rod and Road King...perhaps they were stable mates and thus bred a bit too closely.

Old 08-16-2007, 01:56 PM
jharanin
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ride with a guy that has an 05 RocketIII, it's everything they say it is. It don't care for the chrome growth on the tank either. This guy put the Corbin Beetle bags and windshield and it is a good looking bike. It gets a lot of attention wherever we go.

Old 08-16-2007, 03:15 PM
kingtut73
Cruiser

my father in law has one. the bike will hand you your *** twice.
he was playing with a vrod on the fwy. i had my Mv Agusta at the time i didnt want to race and hurt his feelings. i dont do that stuff anyway.so my father in law let him get a two bike lengths and then.... bye bye! the guy was sooooo mad he gave us the bird as long as he could. if it were lighter id be very scared of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTj3SB9OF-Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvC-w...ted&search=

Quick Reply: Triumph Road King Clone