Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Touring Seat???

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2022 | 09:17 AM
Goose_NC
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp

I have found my police seat on my 2019 FLHTP the best seat for me. I am 6'7", 36 inch inseam, 300 pounds. I will be upgrading rear shocks sometime this year also.

Old 07-01-2022 | 10:36 AM
vdude
Cruiser

I had them all, C&C is the best out there..

The following users liked this post:
cyclone65 (07-01-2022)
Old 07-01-2022 | 03:55 PM
MDSledhead
Cruiser

Originally Posted by MRFREEZE57
Have been thinking about the hammock seat for the RGL, Just wish the dealers had a sample to try out first. Does the hammock sit taller than the stock seat? Am curious as at 5'7" do not want something that raises seat height.
I put a hammock on my 2014 Ultra Ltd... it's no higher, but it is further back (good for me @ 6'1"). I have to kick the passenger footboards up when walking it backwards out of the garage or parking space.

The passenger pillion is smaller than stock. At first she didn't like it - now she likes it better.

A backrest helped me more than anything. Keeps me from slouching and sitting on my tailbone.

Like everyone else, i have a bad back L3/L4 disk is gone.

Old 07-01-2022 | 05:29 PM
Rounders
Seasoned HDF Member

I like firm seats like Corbin. Backrest do not help, but made it worse. For me it wasn't the right spot. Plus they are difficult if you have a passenger.

Highway pegs are hard on my hips too.

Stretching helps, every morning.

Shocks are probably a good point. But it still comes down to riding position too but it all adds up

Old 07-01-2022 | 06:45 PM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member

I had my RK seat recovered ,memory foam ant the front slightly narrowed. It’s a bit more comfortable and looks better,simple and plain.

rauchman (07-02-2022)
Old 07-01-2022 | 11:18 PM
BarrettsPrivateer
Cruiser

Like another member already posted, the earlier hammock does fit on the new bikes: I had mine from my ‘13 street glide but it works fine on my ‘20 RGS, and is wayyyyy better than the stock seat on the RGS. I also have Legend Revo-A, and am very impressed with them. So yes, better shocks and seats do help for sure.

Another key item I figured out for my back was handlebars, the stock bars were absolute $#!7 for longer distances, I’m 6ft, torso/legs proportionate, and always found the stock bars would have me ever so slightly hunching forward on longer rides, a taller bar setup fixed that for me. I’d recommend keeping wrists below the shoulders height wise, but closer to them than stock, and also a slight bend in elbows. There’s lots of info out there on bars, and wrist angle also plays into it all as far as comfort goes. Just my 2 cents.

lefty33 (07-02-2022)
Old 07-02-2022 | 07:12 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

I find that a backrest, seat cover of some sort like a sheepskin or circulator pad or beads, and the properly adjusted and selected bars is the trio. You have to be able to be in the best position available on the bike for it to be the most comfortable ride. I have that on my 07 flhtc but not yet on my 14 Tri Glide. I’m almost there.

Old 07-02-2022 | 08:56 AM
woodthumb2
Tourer

gotta be honest here... but...dont know for sure if another seat will help or not... probably not.... i would look at bars first... then... pain manage the back and forget big maybe help bucks on the bike....

Old 07-02-2022 | 08:59 AM
StoneTrekker
Stellar HDF Member

I don't think there's a touring seat out there that can't be made better by topping it with an Alaskan Sheepskin Butt Pad. We personally love the sheared (not shaggy) version. It helps with air circulation, extra padding, and anti-slip.

Old 07-02-2022 | 09:17 AM
Rounders
Seasoned HDF Member

I prefer shaggy. More cushion. My first was short black one. Black gets hot I'm sun. But people buy cause they look cool. Price has gone up a bit. Everything does. If you want a big one I would shop around a little

The Alaska leathers have a strap. But I swap between bikes so I like my big one without. If you stand up, you might want strap.

You can wash with baby shampoo, and oil to fluff up probably could brush.

Quick Reply: Best Touring Seat???