Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Touring Seat???

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2022 | 07:29 AM
PBates
Novice

Originally Posted by LonestarXL
Do you have stock shocks? If so get rid of them asap and upgrade. Any seat is just a band aid if you’re riding around on stock suspension. People told me that before and I did not want to believe them. I went through Mustangs, LePera’s, Sundowner. Saddlemen.

The absolute best upgrade I’ve ever done to any bike I’ve owned are the Revo A rear shocks on my SGS I have now. Better than bars, cams, exhaust, seats, anything.

Good seats are subjective. The Sundowner I put on my Dyna was the best riding seat I’ve owned. The Saddlemen road sofa I have now is a close second. The backrest is a huge help also. I used to try to split the difference between looks and comfort. It’s a no win battle especially without suspension upgrades. I would start there.
couldn't have said that better. I also have the revo A', Axio's up front and the road sofa seat. Many other extras as well, but this is a seat thread.

Old 06-07-2022 | 08:41 AM
YZR
Stellar HDF Member

I put an Ultimate tall boy on my Ultra Classic last spring and I love it! Can ride far and long with no issues whatsoever. On the stock seat I was getting a pain in my *** after about 1.5 hours +/-.

Old 06-07-2022 | 05:48 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by YZR
I put an Ultimate tall boy on my Ultra Classic last spring and I love it! Can ride far and long with no issues whatsoever. On the stock seat I was getting a pain in my *** after about 1.5 hours +/-.
I like my ultimate tallboy but my Mustang super tour on the 07 seems to be a bit better. I really thought the Ultimate would be better . In honesty, I’ve only put like 700 -1000 miles on it since I got it and I need to ride on it more.

Old 06-07-2022 | 06:00 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by YZR
I like my ultimate tallboy but my Mustang super tour on the 07 seems to be a bit better. I really thought the Ultimate would be better . In honesty, I’ve only put like 700 -1000 miles on it since I got it and I need to ride on it more.

I just ordered me a full sheared Alaska sheepskin with straps for the trike. I really hope it makes a difference.

Old 06-07-2022 | 06:09 PM
Flo-rida
Road Warrior

Got a hammock on my rg and love it. Very comfortable on long rides for me.

Old 06-07-2022 | 06:15 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Flo-rida
. It’s a nice seat but it pushed me forward. It was comfortable but felt like my package was cramped on the tank, Damn near dented it…

The following users liked this post:
Rob Reimer (06-07-2022)
Old 06-08-2022 | 10:35 AM
lefty33
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Notgrownup
. It’s a nice seat but it pushed me forward. It was comfortable but felt like my package was cramped on the tank, Damn near dented it…
Ha! I hear ya. The trick is to find the older Rider/Passenger Hammock seat...52000003A. I believe it was listed for 08 - 13 but fits my 2020 just fine. It actually sits me back a bit (maybe 3/4") over stock. That, plus up a bit higher works for me. Problem is HD discontinued it so used (like I found mine) is the only option.

From what I read when I was shopping/looking, the 14+ Hammock does not sit the rider back a bit.

Old 06-08-2022 | 10:54 AM
MRFREEZE57
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Flo-rida

Have been thinking about the hammock seat for the RGL, Just wish the dealers had a sample to try out first. Does the hammock sit taller than the stock seat? Am curious as at 5'7" do not want something that raises seat height.

Old 06-08-2022 | 11:10 AM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by MRFREEZE57
Have been thinking about the hammock seat for the RGL, Just wish the dealers had a sample to try out first. Does the hammock sit taller than the stock seat? Am curious as at 5'7" do not want something that raises seat height.

I actually tried a Hammock seat from a dealers group of Demo Seats ... I'm surprised your dealer doesn't have a Hammock Demo to loan out...

The one I tried, about 3 years ago, raised me about an inch... I don't know if it's changed since then....

Old 06-08-2022 | 01:18 PM
2K10FBLO
Road Master

Originally Posted by MRFREEZE57
Yes it does raise you and it also is wider at the horn (is that the right term?) of the seat, up where it meets the tank.

I didn't mind the little bit of height but I do not like the wider horn section as even though I'm a little taller than you I have short legs. Too bad as that seat is pretty comfortable. I can't say for long distance bc I didn't take it long distance but I had it for a few hours on demo from dealer and it was pretty nice.

Quick Reply: Best Touring Seat???