Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD vs J&M Headsets

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 07:45 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts
Default RE: HD vs J&M Headsets

Bigdee ,,,,,,,

there is a very significant difference between the Harley brand headset speakers and the J&M brand speakers ,,,, very significant ,,,,

just ask those who have compared them side by side ,,,,,,

so much difference in fact that if you are one of those with the Harley Bluetooth cell phone interface unit ,,,, when you are having a phone conversation, you have to run the phone volume at Max with the Harley Headsets and even then will have a hard time hearing the person on the other end ,,,,,

with the J&M headsets, you only have to run the phone volume at about 50% to hear it at 75+ mph ,,,,,,, the difference is really there ,,,,

JMJOHN ,,, john@jmcorp.com ,,,,,

Old 08-24-2007, 08:08 PM
Blacklion213
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Arai Classic SZ/c with J&M headsets have arrived and I have used them for one day. I am using them on my 07 UC trike. When I started this thread I asked what peoples opinions were re: J&M vs HD Headsets. Well, for me the question has been answered. HD headsets may be a good product but, J&M headsets are excellent. The control over the HK Advanced Audio System is phenomenal. Clarity, volume and filtering of 'ghost' noise is unbelievably fantastic. There is no comparison, J&M Headsets are the best I've used, ever.

Old 08-27-2007, 07:26 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor

Blacklion ,,,,,,,

what is the setting position you are using now for the intercom vox sensitivity on the Harmon Kardon audio system ?

Old 08-27-2007, 02:34 PM
Blacklion213
Cruiser

JMJOHN,

8 or 9 bars from the left.

Old 07-21-2011, 12:21 PM
PearlClassic06
Stage II
Thumbs up J&M Elite

I have tried and owned a few headsets and I gotta tell ya I'm pretty **** about sound. Just recieved the J&M model ICD-629 . This is the newest system from J & M featuring the newest release of the power mike 5. Speaker magnets are larger providing better control quality for improved sound. The mike breaks the VOX without any raise in speech level. Clear intercom and CB transmissions. Natural sounding voice.

I was skeptical after reading some of the posts but I'm here to bare witness this is a great headset system. They are very proud of them considering the cost of that and the required cabling. You'll have the better part of $300 in it but if quality and something that really works then you'll enjoy this one.

Rick Martin

Old 07-28-2011, 11:40 AM
vanlente
Advanced
Default J&M Vrs Harley headsets

Wanted to revisit this thread, its pretty old. Let me qualify I use a 1/2 helmet so my choices are few; I listen to music, intercom and use the CB. I've used three headsets:
OEM
J&M Shorty
Boom Audio over the ear headset

My OEM fell apart but while it lasted the sound quality was good (that was in 2008)
J&M I do not like the sound, everything sounds like your dad's old AM radio. I sent it back and asked if there was an upgrade I'd be willing to pay as I wanted the best (I mean I only paid $220.00 for the headset). They sent the original back saying everything checked out so I guess there isn't anything wrong with this, there isn't an upgrade available I just do not like the sound quality. Sold it to my friend and he likes it. So its me, I get it. (2011)
Boom Audio over the ear headset. I love the sound quality, the MIC is hit or miss and people complain that the over the ear plastic piece hurts their ears (I admit I am use to it but anything more than a few hours and it hurts my head). (bought in 2007 & still using).

Is there anything else out there? I just want a nice quality speaker that fits comfortably and when I speak it doesn't sound like I am in a tunnel. I know the (Ca) CHP use radio's, are they not compatible with our CB? Anyone really love the system they have?

Old 07-28-2011, 08:10 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor

valente ,,,,

shorty-style helmets offer a somewhat poor acoustical environment and I am very sorry that you were disappointed with your J&M model ,,,,,

take a look at some of these helmet-headset combos available from J&M, to experience THE best sounding helmet headsets available in the industry ,,,,
http://www.jmcorp.com/ScorpionHelmets.asp ,,,,
http://www.jmcorp.com/VegaSummit3.asp ,,,,,,,
http://www.jmcorp.com/AraiRXQHelmets.asp ,,,,,