Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD vs J&M Headsets

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 09:35 PM
vettedog72
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HD vs J&M Headsets

I don't even know the "name" of my helmet...just the Harley stock numbers. But, I do I know I want to fitsome comunication whatevers in the helmets. I don't have any radioes, mic's or earphones presently. I want tocom with my passenger and both of us to be able to com with other riders.Second priority is to listen to music. I will want XM too.

Can I start small or do I have to get it all at once?

Old 08-16-2007, 10:52 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

IAMSWUTIAMS ,,,,,,

from my memory, Harley has used the name "Jet" on a # of different brands/models of helmets over the years ,,,,,

in any event, you can pretty much count on the J&M headsets fitting in the Harley brand OPEN-FACE (3/4) style helmets without much trouble,,,,,

the Harley FLIP-FRONT style helmets however will NOT easily accept a headset at all ,,,,,, and J&M is working on a headsetinstallation kit for most Harley brand SHORTY-STYLE helmets ,,,,,,

vettedog72 ,,,,,

your communication "wants" are no different than what we all wanted when Melinda and Istarted J&M Corporation in 1978 ,,,,,,,back then thedeluxe audio system featured Stereo music, driver/passenger intercom and CB radio for bike-to-bike communications ,,,,, here it is 2007 and these requirements are still the same ,,,,,

and depending upon the year/model of Harley you have, there are various ways to acheive that on your bike ,,,,,, and the J&M website is a good place to start ,,,, JMJOHN ,,, john@jmcorp.com ,,,,

Old 08-19-2007, 04:44 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor

NewHog and Lbussy ,,,,,,

I took a look at the finshed installation on the Scorpion EXO-200 helmet with the J&M 584 series elite headset in it back in our shop ,,,,,, came out great, very good sound and performance ,,,, and I also put in the new J&M -HO (high-output) mike for the Harley systems ,,,,,,

JMJOHN ,,,, john@jmcorp.com ,,,,,

Old 08-19-2007, 05:06 PM
FLHDRIVER
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First, a quick hijack of the thread...John, just got and installed the shorty antenna's on my Ultra, they are FANTASTIC!

Now, back to the headset thread...I also have two Ultra Jet helmets wired with the Harley mic ans speakers. I have several headsets ( J&M) from my 2002BMW K1200LT that I'd like to install in the Ultra, is that possible? I have already ordered a lower cord (back ordered), but the previous threads say it is not possible. They are older, but probably still better than Harley headsets, think I can use em?

Old 08-19-2007, 06:17 PM
Easyglide
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

JMJOHN--Just to ensure I understand. I am having the Harley CB upgrade installed on my 07 EG Classic so it will be integrated with the HK Advanced Radio. I already have a Zumo on my handlebar and just don't have room for a HB mounted receiver which I believe I would need if I go another option on a CB system.

I own the Harley Ultra Jet 3/4 helmet, which is the same helmet as the HJC AC - 3.

Does the J& M CB Headset fit this helmet and will it connect ok to the Harley system (is the J & M speaker cord compatible with the Harley system tank console plug-in receptable?

Old 08-19-2007, 06:47 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor

easyglide ,,,,

go to the value priced headset page on the J&M website ,,,,,,

choose headset # HS-BCD277-OF-HO along with the HC-PH cord for connection to your Harley audio system ,,,,,, will work great ,,,,

I "THINK" the HJC AC-3 helmet has conventional open-face helmet type ear pockets for speakers to fit into ?

FLHdriver ,,,,,,

what is the alpha designation on the little tab around the upper section headset cord you currently have from your BMW ?

JMJOHN ,,,, john@jmcorp.com ,,,

Old 08-19-2007, 08:53 PM
FLHDRIVER
Tourer

JMJOHN, I'll check and email you tomorrow. I got the cord info from you and your pilot at the Mcy show in NY earlier this year, that is why I ordered the cord I did.

Regards,
John
N517JT

Old 08-19-2007, 09:28 PM
Easyglide
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks JMJohn for the information. Is the recommended headset easy to install in my helmet, or do I need to send my helmet into your company to install?

Old 08-19-2007, 10:04 PM
Newhog
Road Captain

It is easy.

Old 08-20-2007, 07:25 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor

Easyglide ,,,,,

If it is the helmet I am thinking of, the install should be a 20 minute job ,,,,

send an e-mail to me direct and I will attach back to you the complete headsetinstall instructions ,,, JMJOHN ,,, john@jmcorp.com ,,,,

Quick Reply: HD vs J&M Headsets