Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD vs J&M Headsets

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 02:41 PM
LBussy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HD vs J&M Headsets

ORIGINAL: BIGDEE

A small black tie wrap holds the cord in the helmet recptical. No poping out.
Dude ... tell me that was a fishing lure you just dangled ... you actually do that? No thanks on that one, it's supposed to pop off when bad things happen.

I'll echo everyone else. I have the J&M after trying the H-D brand and there's really no comparison. I'll never again be without them.

JMJOHN: I have a little "issue", what's the best way to get some assistance? I've not actually tried to get help yet but I figured since you were reading this thread ...

Old 08-14-2007, 02:44 PM
Newhog
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: tsurgery

I purchased J&M Headsets model ECD 584-OF and can't use them. There web site says that "they fit most open faced helmets",this is not ture. I purchased a Harley Ultra Jet made by HJC and they do not fit. I communicated with J&M and they confirmed that the headsets will not fit the helmet. I asked which helmets will they fit and they told me a Scorpion EXO-200, guess what they don't fit.Iagain asked which helmets will they fit, theygave me some brands including HJC and I asked which specific HJC, no response.Buyer beware of J&M products.
FWIW,

I have the Scorpion EXO-200 helmet, the speakers will fit but you do have to cut away or dremal the foam as there is not much space in there except for a flat profile speaker that Harley sells. This is due to the fact that it is a better helmet with speaker compartments built-in, unlike other generic helmets where all you have is the foam around the ear. It does take a little work and pataince but works real well when done right. You will also have to notch the plastic for the microphone to get it all the forward to the front ofyour mouth, or you can just run it through the ear chamber with the mic slightly to the side (like I did). I rode to Sturgis and back for a total of 4,000 miles, we all have radios and they all thought I sounded the best and talked the farthest. I haveJ&M's Elite headset and I assure you the sound quality is superior to allothers if you are a musicphile like I am and into music...they arethe best. I have expermented with and ownseveral brands of head-sets; Harley, Sierra, a couple different models of J&M and others. I've converted all of my friends.

I do not work for these guys and I'm not affiliated in anyway.

Old 08-14-2007, 03:09 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

Lbussy ,,,,,

you can call the J&M toll free lines at 1-800-358-0881 or e-mail to me direct ( john@jmcorp.com ) if those guys for some reason don't know the answer, which happens occasionally ,,,,,, but Please contact me right away with any issues that you may have ,,,,

NewHog ,,,,,

we have a special way to install our HS-BCD257-UN headset in the Scorpion EXO-200 helmet that involves new ear pocket plastic peices from Scorpion along with some sewing in our sewing shop ,,,,, really comes out nice at the end ,,,,,,,

send an e-mail to me for the catalog pages on the J&M headset in the Scorpion helmet, as I do not have them on the website yet ,,,,

Old 08-14-2007, 03:14 PM
tsurgery
Stage III

not all Harley Jet brand helmets are from the same manufacturer so it is easy for me to get confused with exactly what helmets you have ,,,,, now I would like to help you to find a helmet to fit the J&M headsets you said you already purchased ,,,, but I need a little help from you and a little better can-do attitude also ,,, then we can get you going ,,,,,

JMJOHN ,,,, john@jmcorp.com ,,,,,,

All Harley Ultra Jet helmets are made by HJC, you can see the manufuactureon the Harley web site. I have three helmets, two Harley Ultra Jet's and one Scorpion EXO 200. It appears that they will not fit unless I preformsome foam cutting surgery on the Scorpion as suggested by Newhog. If they don't fitthe helmets I purchased which make and model does the J&M ECD 584-OF actually fit? As your catalog states "Elite series helmet headset for most open face (3/4) style helmets. Between the helmets and headsets I have spent over $900 with no solution.

Old 08-14-2007, 03:22 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor

tsurgery ,,,,,

to start with, send me your Scorpion helmet and one of your J&M 584 series open face headsetsand I will have the headset installed for you ,,, we have the special plastic pieces here and have done quite a few of them before ,,,,, I will even exchange the mike for you at the same time to the new high-output (-HO) AeroMike III for your Harley system ,,,,,,

no charge for labor ,,,, ship back to you UPS ground no charge ,,,,, does that work ?

if so ,,, make sure you put some documentation with it as far as what we are talking about here and ship together to my attention at J&M Corporation, 1415 South Cherry Avenue, Tucson AZ 85713 ,,,,,

Old 08-14-2007, 04:16 PM
tsurgery
Stage III

JMJOHN

I appreaciate and will take you up on you installation offer.

Old 08-14-2007, 05:07 PM
Blacklion213
Cruiser

I just orderedtwo Arai Classic SZ/c helmets, two HO Aeromike for Harley Audio Systems, two Helmet Hook Up Cords HC-ZH for my 2007 HD FLHTCU Ultra Classic and two extra light smoke shields for the Arai Classic SZ/c helmets. I'll let you know what I think of them and how different they are from the HD headsets, from my point of view. Thanks for all the helpful information.

Old 08-14-2007, 05:23 PM
Newhog
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: JMJOHN

NewHog ,,,,,

we have a special way to install our HS-BCD257-UN headset in the Scorpion EXO-200 helmet that involves new ear pocket plastic peices from Scorpion along with some sewing in our sewing shop ,,,,, really comes out nice at the end ,,,,,,,

send an e-mail to me for the catalog pages on the J&M headset in the Scorpion helmet, as I do not have them on the website yet ,,,,
John,

Thanks, I sent you a PM to your work email. FWIW, if it matters I have your HS-ECD584-FL40 headset, does that matter or change anything about how itthey mayfit theScorpion ear peices?

Old 08-15-2007, 09:43 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor

NewHog ,,,,,,

J&M can install either the 584 series or the 277 series speakers in the Scorpion EXO-200 helmet ,,,,, as we do a little bit of sewing mods also ,,,,,,

once installed they actually perform very well in the Scorpion ,,,,,, JMJOHN ,,,, john@jmcorp.com ,,,,

Old 08-15-2007, 08:11 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

And what about the Harley Ultra Jet by HJC? Does the J&M fit?

Quick Reply: HD vs J&M Headsets