Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pipes, Pipes, Pipes So Many Choices

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 10:53 PM
HarlyFan
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Pipes, Pipes, Pipes So Many Choices

I need some recomendations please. I have a new CVO ultra coming next week and want some suggestions on the loudest most obnoxious pipes that I wont lose performance. I like the look of true duals so I have no interst in the 2 into 1 pipes out there. I have vance and hines on my fatboy without baffles and they sound GREAT to me at least so I'm trying to find loud!!!

Old 08-14-2007, 02:59 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Pipes, Pipes, Pipes So Many Choices

Loud? Straight pipes. I have a set from Samson, no baffles. I have read they decrease performance, but I have not noticed any difference, other than a much bigger smile on my face when I twist the wick.

Old 08-14-2007, 09:16 AM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

HarlyFan
If you want someone to take your old mufflers off your hands, let me know.
Dan

Old 08-14-2007, 12:49 PM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try looking and listening to some of the V&H fishtail slip ons. They sound good and you know you are getting quality when you buy V&H. Have the ovals on mine and love them.

Old 08-14-2007, 12:51 PM
RDM
Road Master

+1 on the V&H ovals

Old 08-14-2007, 01:55 PM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 114 Likes on 67 Posts

ORIGINAL: HarlyFan

I need some recomendations please. I have a new CVO ultra coming next week and want some suggestions on the loudest most obnoxious pipes that I wont lose performance. I like the look of true duals so I have no interst in the 2 into 1 pipes out there. I have vance and hines on my fatboy without baffles and they sound GREAT to me at least so I'm trying to find loud!!!
Well, congrats on the new ride, wow a CVO Ultra!! talk about sweet!

Don't get the Supertrapp SEs then, because they aren't that loud. they sound excellent, meaty, deep and a nice mellow purr, but unless you really get on the throttle they aren't that loud. Which is why I like them.

To each his own.

Let's see some pics of that CVO as soon as you get it. (man, I gotta buy some H-D stock, you guys keep buy all these sweet bikes H-D stock must be doing fine!)

Old 08-14-2007, 02:12 PM
firewatch
Cruiser

Hacker true duals. stainless steel with lifetime guarantee.

Old 08-14-2007, 02:38 PM
ScooterJammer
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Loud? Obnoxious? There's only one answer Shorty Drag Pipes! These are the all-time champs at making old woman scowl, babies cry, and your nieghbors hate you. If you can get themtuned to length, you might not lose any performance.

Old 08-14-2007, 03:13 PM
Major Bill
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: oldhippie

ORIGINAL: HarlyFan

Well, congrats on the new ride, wow a CVO Ultra!! talk about sweet!

Don't get the Supertrapp SEs then, because they aren't that loud. they sound excellent, meaty, deep and a nice mellow purr, but unless you really get on the throttle they aren't that loud. Which is why I like them.

To each his own.

Let's see some pics of that CVO as soon as you get it. (man, I gotta buy some H-D stock, you guys keep buy all these sweet bikes H-D stock must be doing fine!)
Loud pipes cool. HD stock (shares, that is) not so hot. Steady decline pretty much last 12 months. Then again, that's the time to buy...[>:]

Old 08-14-2007, 07:02 PM
mrwizard
Advanced

Straight pipes will give you the greatest volume and they also have a real nasty crack when you rack the throttle. No performance lost at all....just displaced performance. Straight pipes will put all of your power and torque somewhere above 4000 rpm. That is good because the engine will naturally make more noise at higher RPM anyway so riding in the power range will make more noise all the time..

Make sure you rack the throttle at every opportunity, especially in the middle of the night in small towns. Stop signs in any town is a great place for you to solicit an "look at the cool biker" from all the people aroung. Make sure you get the kids to cover their ears. That means they enjoy pain. But, hey, no sense having them if you not going to use them. Try to set a new standard and see how many people will think that you and your ride are awesome. (NOT!).

Can't understand why you would want to take a sweet CVO Ultra and basterdize it? Damn man, develop some taste and sense of dignity. Ultras should rumble like an old muscle car leaving a general awe in their wake, not leaving people looking for their rifles to shoot your sorry a** off the seat next time they hear you. That's why I threw away my Rinehart True Duals. Loud Pipes don't Save Lives...the laws of physics and acoustics prove that.

One final rant in my ramblings......It's this kind of desire to be loud and obnoxious that make me think that maybe Denver has the right idea.......... and I don't think legislation is the solution to anything... Don't supply ammunition.....

Quick Reply: Pipes, Pipes, Pipes So Many Choices