Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pipes, Pipes, Pipes So Many Choices

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 07:12 PM
ianchris1
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Pipes, Pipes, Pipes So Many Choices

ORIGINAL: PapaTravis

Loud? Straight pipes. I have a set from Samson, no baffles. I have read they decrease performance, but I have not noticed any difference, other than a much bigger smile on my face when I twist the wick.
Ditto

Old 08-14-2007, 07:19 PM
StreetGlider56
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: HarlyFan

I need some recomendations please. I have a new CVO ultra coming next week and want some suggestions on the loudest most obnoxious pipes that I wont lose performance. I like the look of true duals so I have no interst in the 2 into 1 pipes out there. I have vance and hines on my fatboy without baffles and they sound GREAT to me at least so I'm trying to find loud!!!
The last CVO I've see came with a 110 engine and a 2 into 1 header... CVO is all about performance (to a point)...

Old 08-14-2007, 07:26 PM
sims5
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to see and hear the Bassani Pro Street pipes in person. Not sure if I like the un-balanced look on the baggers but I think they might grow on me. I bet they would be loud, but can't say for sure.

Old 11-22-2018, 02:28 PM
Earman
Novice
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2019 Roadking Slip on Question

Just picked up a 2019 road king everything is stock of course want to change to slip on mufflers the dealer is telling me how wonderful the Vansen Hines for 4 in just picked up the 2019 road king everything in stock of course want to change to slip on mufflers the dealer is telling me how wonderful the Reinhart 4 inch slip one are, I am looking for that classic Harley throaty low-frequency sound well I get that with them? Looked around YouTube I actually like the sound of the VH eliminator 400s Dealer told me they don’t hold up as well as the Reinharts and don’t sound as good?
Probably will settle on the Reinharts chrome with the black and caps on my Vivid Black RoadKing!
One last thing on my Indian Springfield which I traded him at one point I had the Reinharts did not like the sound sound too high pitch and whiny ended up with the Indians stage once sounded more throaty Thoughts ??

Old 11-22-2018, 04:58 PM
Screamin beagle
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,038 Likes on 2,017 Posts

Originally Posted by mrwizard
Straight pipes will give you the greatest volume and they also have a real nasty crack when you rack the throttle. No performance lost at all....just displaced performance. Straight pipes will put all of your power and torque somewhere above 4000 rpm. That is good because the engine will naturally make more noise at higher RPM anyway so riding in the power range will make more noise all the time..

Make sure you rack the throttle at every opportunity, especially in the middle of the night in small towns. Stop signs in any town is a great place for you to solicit an "look at the cool biker" from all the people aroung. Make sure you get the kids to cover their ears. That means they enjoy pain. But, hey, no sense having them if you not going to use them. Try to set a new standard and see how many people will think that you and your ride are awesome. (NOT!).

Can't understand why you would want to take a sweet CVO Ultra and basterdize it? Damn man, develop some taste and sense of dignity. Ultras should rumble like an old muscle car leaving a general awe in their wake, not leaving people looking for their rifles to shoot your sorry a** off the seat next time they hear you. That's why I threw away my Rinehart True Duals. Loud Pipes don't Save Lives...the laws of physics and acoustics prove that.

One final rant in my ramblings......It's this kind of desire to be loud and obnoxious that make me think that maybe Denver has the right idea.......... and I don't think legislation is the solution to anything... Don't supply ammunition.....
while I agree thst obnoxious pipes are just bad for the sport to say loud pipes don't save lives is bull. Have you been on a highway and have a car start to come into your lane then suddenly jerk back to their own lane? That's because the didn't see you but heard you. I've had it happen plenty of times. Don't tell me aboyt riding in the blind spot because while I may have been passing through it I was not riding in it.

The following users liked this post:
04ctd (11-23-2018)
Old 11-22-2018, 08:23 PM
langwilliams
Elite HDF Member
Received 302 Likes on 274 Posts

I have RCX slip on's an they rumble but don't get obnoxious until over 3.5K.....I keep the revs down around town an in residential areas. just be courteous early in the morning an late in the evening when riding!

Old 11-23-2018, 12:34 AM
Dynamick
Not a Moderator!
Received 6,937 Likes on 3,326 Posts

Originally Posted by Screamin beagle
while I agree thst obnoxious pipes are just bad for the sport to say loud pipes don't save lives is bull. Have you been on a highway and have a car start to come into your lane then suddenly jerk back to their own lane? That's because the didn't see you but heard you. I've had it happen plenty of times. Don't tell me aboyt riding in the blind spot because while I may have been passing through it I was not riding in it.
Just as true now as it was 11 years ago when mrwizard made that post LOL

The following users liked this post:
mazz (11-23-2018)
Old 11-23-2018, 07:14 AM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 259 Likes on 127 Posts

11 years old. I wonder if he found anything yet!

Old 11-23-2018, 09:17 AM
04ctd
Banned

Received 205 Likes on 149 Posts

IDK, but you gotta give Kudos to EarDoc for searching for an old post, instead of starting a new thread and having everyone scream WHY DID YOU NOT SEARCH THE FORUM FIRST?

Ear Doc, a M8 will not get very loud. NEVER buy new pipes, get on the forum here (and CL) and start buying used pipes & swapping them out, just like everyone else. It does the economy good....

Old 11-23-2018, 10:14 AM
PopsHD
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynamick
Just as true now as it was 11 years ago when mrwizard made that post LOL

Quick Reply: Pipes, Pipes, Pipes So Many Choices