Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New GTS radio but no CB

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2022 | 12:23 PM
mstrobes
|
Road Master
Default New GTS radio but no CB

I upgraded both mine and my brothers radio to the GTS. I have a 2017 CVO limited and his 2018 CVO limited. The service department flashed mine twice and both time didn't show the CB that is installed. The same with my brothers bike didn't install the CB. Any one have or had the same problem. Both software are up to date.

Old 04-15-2022 | 01:09 PM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

What did the dealer say?

Old 04-15-2022 | 01:46 PM
mstrobes
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by GalvTexGuy
What did the dealer say?
they can't figure it out. said would call mothership.

Old 04-15-2022 | 02:14 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member

Nice update. Not sure which year it was that HD quit putting a CB as standard. My only guess is the new GTS does not recognize the older CB modules?

Do you actually use the CB? It’s only been turned on once on my bike and that was by accident.

Good luck getting it worked out.

The following users liked this post:
smitty901 (04-16-2022)
Old 04-15-2022 | 02:35 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member

Flashing the radio doesn’t turn in the CB. The dealer needs to use the digital technician to enable the CB.

The following 2 users liked this post by TriGeezer:
biglew55 (04-16-2022), smitty901 (04-16-2022)
Old 04-15-2022 | 02:53 PM
lefty33
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Cosmic Razorback
Nice update. Not sure which year it was that HD quit putting a CB as standard. My only guess is the new GTS does not recognize the older CB modules?

Do you actually use the CB? It’s only been turned on once on my bike and that was by accident.

Good luck getting it worked out.
Same CB module from 2014 +. I have one in my 2020 GTS equipped RGL and it works.

Yes, I do still use my CB on occasion. Got a couple of groups of "old timers" I ride with that rely heavily on CB...mostly Goldwing guys. I prefer my Cardo PackTalk but for some, they're not going there.

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
Flashing the radio doesn’t turn in the CB. The dealer needs to use the digital technician to enable the CB.
What TriGeezer said. It's not a flash...it needs to be enabled.

Old 04-15-2022 | 03:29 PM
mstrobes
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
tried 2 time

Old 04-15-2022 | 06:00 PM
Ssitruc
Stellar HDF Member

2016 RGU, I added a CB in 2017, added a GTS in 2019... CB has been working since first day I put the GTS in... so is the same SiriusXM module I took out of the GT and put in the GTS.
Its a com setting I think that they're missing. On Diag4Bike its under "Radio Customizations" and "CB" shows up in 3 places there... Here's a screen shot from the help files for that programmer...
I do not know what DigitalTech looks like, what they use. These ARE NOT my settings... If I need to, I could dig my laptop out, pull my saddle bags, hook up to the bike and fire the program up and see what my setting are...

Did you have and use the CB in your GT head units before you upgraded to the GTS, and know how to get to it? just being sure, not meaning to be a smart ***....

Click on the headset at bottom of screen>

Then pick CB

Last edited by Ssitruc; 04-15-2022 at 06:25 PM.
Old 04-15-2022 | 06:30 PM
mstrobes
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Ssitruc
2016 RGU, I added a CB in 2017, added a GTS in 2019... CB has been working since first day I put the GTS in... so is the same SiriusXM module I took out of the GT and put in the GTS.
Its a com setting I think that they're missing. On Diag4Bike its under "Radio Customizations" and "CB" shows up in 3 places there... Here's a screen shot from the help files for that programmer...
I do not know what DigitalTech looks like, what they use. These ARE NOT my settings... If I need to, I could dig my laptop out, pull my saddle bags, hook up to the bike and fire the program up and see what my setting are...

Did you have and use the CB in your GT head units before you upgraded to the GTS, and know how to get to it? just being sure, not meaning to be a smart ***....

Click on the headset at bottom of screen>

Then pick CB
yes I had it before the radio change.

Old 04-15-2022 | 06:51 PM
Ssitruc
Stellar HDF Member

Then I can't tell you anything you don't already know... Yes it should work with your bike's new head unit... either they're missing a setting or there is something wrong (connection, chip, ???), but it is really strange, then it being two bikes at the same time... even weirder. Sorry man.
I can get those three setting from my bike in the morning, supposed to be raining anyways, if it'll help... but I don't know if it is the same as they see it on DigitalTech.

Quick Reply: New GTS radio but no CB