Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wireless CarPlay adapter on sale

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2022 | 01:42 PM
TOHOG
Supporter
Supporter

Have any of you tried the CPLAY2AIR with wireless headsets on your bike? I think I need Gizmo that transmits bluetooth that I can pair to Cardo headsets but I don't think this unit does this. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks

Currently I can get Carplay via my iphone connected to USB or using the CPLAY2AIR, but neither seem able to transmit a bluetooth signal I can pair my headsets to????

Old 07-23-2022 | 01:52 PM
TOHOG
Supporter
Supporter

Originally Posted by Old Sport
I absolutely LOVE wireless CarPlay for the convenience. I have CPlay2Air units in my SG and my cars and love them.

I've got power in my side bag for charging on long rides. Hands-down beats the time and effort in and out of the cubby-hole for me.
I have tried to get my new cplay2air set up properly. Can you tell me what the WIFI and Bluetooth "names/identifiers" are? I have one says HD-1443 and another says DT146? they will not stay connected.

thanks

Old 07-23-2022 | 06:11 PM
Ssitruc
Stellar HDF Member

They are all different names... one of mine is named H-D-OEA5 (bike) and the other is HOME-1738 (truck), and the wifi name it shows connected to on the bike is H-D08, can't remember the truck's. The ONLY thing the module does is keep you from having to plug the iPhone into the USB cable on the bike to get CarPlay to be available. The module plugs into the USB, makes the head unit think that the iPhone is plugged in, the iPhone then communicates briefly via Bluetooth with the module, then switches to wifi to communicate with the module (wifi has better bandwidth) once connected. That is all.

Where are you putting your iPhone when its not staying connected? At first mine didn't want to stay connected when I'd throw it in the right saddle bag, but if I kept it in my jacket pocket or in the media storage it worked fine and stayed connected... now that I have had it for a year, I'll throw the phone in the right saddle bag or ta tour pack if I have one on and it works fine. I throw it in the saddle bag, clean bugs off the windshield... then start the bike and let the oil get to flowing and the module does its thing in about a minute... it's ready to go before I am usually.

The following users liked this post:
Old Sport (07-24-2022)
Old 07-24-2022 | 08:23 PM
Old Sport
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army

On my bike, the Bluetooth connection is "H-D-C786" - then it creates the WiFi connection that it runs from.

I use a set of Bose QC-30 noise cancelling headphones and they seamlessly grab the audio from by iPhone while CarPlay is active on the bike.

Old 07-25-2022 | 11:21 AM
30glock
Road Warrior

I could not get this to work at all, it would connect than disconnect, I also find the sound is significantly better when wired.

Old 08-26-2022 | 08:57 AM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member

Got the CPLAY2air a month or two ago. The pros out weigh the cons so far. Got the brand name one. from there website. works smooth and connects rather fast. on longer rides have had it screw up. either had to re select file or app to fix it quickly on the fly or once so far had to reach down and unplug the dongle ,plug it back in ,at a red light ,then worked all day.
Have not updated device, dont want to brake it...

Old 08-26-2022 | 09:35 AM
Bafflingbs
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Damn! $78 now

Old 08-27-2022 | 11:56 AM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member

CPLAY2air.com that one

Old 08-27-2022 | 05:48 PM
Bafflingbs
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by voodoodrug
CPLAY2air.com that one
This one: Limited-time deal: CarlinKit 3.0 Wireless CarPlay Adapter USB for Factory Wired CarPlay Cars (Model Year: 2015 to 2022), Wireless CarPlay Dongle Convert Wired to Wireless CarPlay… https://a.co/d/6tdnqbf

Old 08-27-2022 | 06:05 PM
Bafflingbs
Stellar HDF Member

I spent a little more, and got this one: SuperiorTek 3.0 Wireless CarPlay Adapter for All Factory Wired CarPlay Cars Wireless CarPlay Dongle Convert Wired to Wireless CarPlay top1f https://a.co/d/9WueZWd

It seems to interface with my Soundstream Reserve hdhu14+, extremely well. I’m impressed, so far. It also seems to have the highest user rating, on Amazon. Though, their reviews aren’t nearly as reliable, as they used to be. The rating is so high, in fact, that I worry that reviewers, weren’t bribed for higher scores. I’ve been contacted twice, by Amazon vendors, to raise my rating, in exchange for my money back.

The following 2 users liked this post by Bafflingbs:
Rollbar (08-28-2022), voodoodrug (08-28-2022)

Quick Reply: Wireless CarPlay adapter on sale