Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GP Front Suspension on my Road Glide!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2022 | 06:03 AM
buell95
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by JDSHD
The ride is all-around better than stock, more comfortable, better handling, and not harsh. Having the right spring rate allows the dampening to work properly. And with the external adjustments, I can dial in the type of ride I want.
What spring rate you running?

Old 04-05-2022 | 11:10 AM
Highwaymans
Road Warrior

DefaultYes, it is definitely much more sporty. On your setup both front and rear, how much have you deviated from the baseline setup that GP / Ohlins provided? I am at 6 turns of preload and 14 clicks on compression and rebound. I can only adjust pre-load in the rear and now I am thinking I may want the same adjustability in the rear.
Its been a bit and I own a few bikes, but on the bagger. I didnt have to go too far off specs. Im 210. To get sag I bumped an additional 2 preload front and 2 turns rear. My preference has always been light rebound and compression damping. I decteased damping both 4 clicks. Dont quote me, but I believe thats what I ended with.

Last edited by Highwaymans; 04-05-2022 at 11:27 AM.
The following users liked this post:
JDSHD (04-05-2022)
Old 04-05-2022 | 11:25 AM
Highwaymans
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by pyuchem
What is this true tracks you are talking about ? And what does it do ? Haven’t heard about it. Is it for older bike or new ones too ? For reference I’ve 2016 street glide special. Thank you.
Braces that tie the engine and trans to the frame solidly. Currently your swingarm is isolated by rubber bushings / motor mounts and can flex pushed hard. No biggie if you're a cruiser, but when pushed hard and fast they can start to wobble. Im currently running front and rear true tracks and a 3rd alloy art top rear brace and poly engine mounts. This was my last tire swap on my bagger... I enjoy ripping the mountains....

My bagger is also a 16. Just FYI, a big bang for the buck improvement on handling was upgrading to a 18 and 19 wheel combo. I personally dig the timeless classic of the Talons of last gen specials.

rauchman (04-05-2022)
Old 04-05-2022 | 07:03 PM
JDSHD
|
Intermediate

Really CLEAN SG!!

Highwaymans (04-06-2022)
Old 04-05-2022 | 07:20 PM
JDSHD
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by buell95
What spring rate you running?
I gave GP my weight, 220lbs, and riding style (highspeed touring), and they picked the spring rate. I believe it is a 260kg spring.

Old 04-06-2022 | 10:01 AM
rauchman
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Highwaymans
Braces that tie the engine and trans to the frame solidly. Currently your swingarm is isolated by rubber bushings / motor mounts and can flex pushed hard. No biggie if you're a cruiser, but when pushed hard and fast they can start to wobble. Im currently running front and rear true tracks and a 3rd alloy art top rear brace and poly engine mounts. This was my last tire swap on my bagger... I enjoy ripping the mountains....
Do these replace the motor mounts, or work in conjunction with them?

Great looking bike!

Old 04-06-2022 | 10:24 AM
SnoRider
Stellar HDF Member

I decided to install the GP 25mm Cartridges on my RGS. I am blown away at the increase in performance and overall handling. The transformation has FAR exceeded my expectations. I rode 300 miles this weekend and have not adjusted, as it feels great with the base preload and dampening settings. Riding one of my long-traveled local canyon roads, it felt like I was on a completely different bike. I am not an overly aggressive rider, at least I wasn't, but I find myself effortlessly pushing the bike much harder and having a blast. I mainly do long-distance touring, and the overall ride is also much improved. I have SuperShox 14" premium in the rear. Now with the front dialed in, I was able to back off the preload setting; the overall balance is much better now, and I am at the correct preload for my weight according to the chart provided by Super Shox. Overall, well worth the investment.
Hi Op, wondering where you bought your GP 25mm cartridges. Thanks!

Old 04-06-2022 | 10:36 AM
SnoRider
Stellar HDF Member

I decided to install the GP 25mm Cartridges on my RGS. I am blown away at the increase in performance and overall handling. The transformation has FAR exceeded my expectations. I rode 300 miles this weekend and have not adjusted, as it feels great with the base preload and dampening settings. Riding one of my long-traveled local canyon roads, it felt like I was on a completely different bike. I am not an overly aggressive rider, at least I wasn't, but I find myself effortlessly pushing the bike much harder and having a blast. I mainly do long-distance touring, and the overall ride is also much improved. I have SuperShox 14" premium in the rear. Now with the front dialed in, I was able to back off the preload setting; the overall balance is much better now, and I am at the correct preload for my weight according to the chart provided by Super Shox. Overall, well worth the investment.
Hi Op, wondering where you bought your GP 25mm cartridges. Thanks!

Old 04-06-2022 | 11:01 AM
Highwaymans
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by jdshd
really clean sg!!

👍👍

Old 04-06-2022 | 11:02 AM
Highwaymans
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by rauchman
Do these replace the motor mounts, or work in conjunction with them?

Great looking bike!
They work with the mounts.

👍👍

rauchman (04-11-2022)

Quick Reply: GP Front Suspension on my Road Glide!