Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Almost made the biggest mistake of my life..

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 06:06 PM
canukchick
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Almost made the biggest mistake of my life..

Just my honest humble opionion after actually seeing and being close to an '08 Ultra Classic coming off a ride. I also have too mention, I never actually talked to him until after his bike was already parked for a few minutes and he was standing beside it.

You poor guys must be suffering, riding those bikes.

Just glad I changed my mind at this time, you should be comfortable on a motorcycle and not just on the highway because you have to ride in thecity too[&:]

Old 08-11-2007, 06:19 PM
hd2007
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey troll , get on your bmw and get the hell out of here , your yuppie buddies are waiting for you at starbucks.

Old 08-11-2007, 06:23 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

IF you cant stand the heat,GTF out of the kitchen!

Old 08-11-2007, 06:31 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

canukDick, you are no challenge to the legendary Blueballz. Not even close.

LONG LIVE BLUEBALLZ!!!!!! [sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=admin.gif][sm=closed.gif]

Old 08-11-2007, 06:46 PM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 117 Likes on 70 Posts

hehe... cute thread.

Old 08-11-2007, 07:04 PM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member

[sm=popcorn.gif]

Old 08-11-2007, 07:24 PM
StreetglideOK
Tourer

[sm=why.gif]
ORIGINAL: canukchick

I almost traded my BMW K1200LT for an '08 Anniversary Ultra Classic "Copper & Vivid Black". Also had a major deposit down and was waiting for the bike in Sept.

I ran into a guy driving(biking) a '08 Black Ultra Classic at a Harley dealership yesterday, he just purchased 2 days ago. OH MY GOD, the heat coming off that bike was RIDICULAS!!!! It was a 29c day with no humidex, that's not that hot for Ottawa, Canada. Last week was 42c with the humidex and we went to Montreal on the BMW and that was hot day!, we didn't see many Harley's on the highway.

Anyway, he mentioned he loved the Harley but the expression on his face was alittle depressing/dissapointing on the extreme heat issue. He also mentioned when he got off the highway and was crusing at 50 to 60km's an hour in the city he had to raise his left leg because his upper thigh was cooking. Plus it was already burnt red from only a couple of days of owning it.

My spouse and I canncelled the dealwith no problems once I mentioned the heat issue with the salesman. I'm sure he'll sell it to someone else. With 7000Anniversary Limited Editions in the Ultra Classic, I don't think it's a prize, that's a high number compared to the other Harley limited editions, I honestly think they changed that number from 2500 to sell more....

I'm no Pizza and I don't want to drive an oven. Maybe I'll buy one when they fix those heatissues with there dime!!

Bigger CC motors, they Need Liquid Cooling becausethe only time you'll be able to enjoy those bikes is early spring and late fall.

I don't know what they were thinking when they built those bikes, they must have been tested on cooler days.

Anyway, good luck and all the best....

Old 08-11-2007, 07:26 PM
UltraDuke
Outstanding HDF Member

You will love the bike in the winter. i cant get the air conditioner to work but the heater is awesome.

Old 08-11-2007, 07:40 PM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Received 513 Likes on 357 Posts

We all know how to fix the heat problem. It all boils down to the two types of people in the world. Harley riders and everyone else. PLEASE keep your overpriced kroutcan!!!! They might be a decent machine (rode one10 yrs ago, wasn't impressed) but they are UGLY !!! The only one I'd "maybe" consider is that on/off road 1200. But they cost more than a new Harley???!!!!! KTM or Buell Ulysees or? for me for off road.
honda and a couple of the other japs make ok road bikes. Just not the Harley wannabee's.
I understand the older GL's are good road motors. Wouldn't own one personally (allready have a small motorhome) but I hear they're ok.
There is only one Motor Company !!!!

Old 08-11-2007, 07:55 PM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member

Why would you want to come to a Harley forum and bash Harley's? Sort of like me going to a BMW forum and bashing BMW's. What's the point? You've got to be happy with what you ride, but don't give everyone else a hard time just because they don't ride a BMW. To each his own. Hell, if I see you on the rode I'll still wave! See ya.

Quick Reply: Almost made the biggest mistake of my life..