Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The cure is here!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 02:20 PM
doggiedave
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The cure is here!!

Now hear this all you clatterglide pilots out there. I just had the isolated drive sprocket installed on my 07' Ultraclatter. It really works! I pulled it down to 50mph in 6th ear gear no clatter whatsoever. Same story in 5th at 40mph. I dont usually lug like that but I had to try it. I'm well pleased. I know the next responses will be from all the pisscutters and bellyachers about the moco Yadda Yadda! I agree with alot of the opinions, But alot of you people will spend $400.00 for a billet license plate bracket which is cool. Of course helps the aerodynamics on the bike, parasitic drag lol. But seriously Let's fix our bikes and go back to bitch'n about the government. cost me $306.00 plus tax labor was 1hr at the shop. Let the games begin! think I'll go ride! be safe out there people.

Old 08-11-2007, 02:34 PM
cdradar
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The cure is here!!

Glad to hear that. Mines sitting in a box waiting for me to get home from AK and install it at the end of the month. I just have to figure out where to get the bearing pressed into the sprocket, then it should go quick.
We'd better duck now, we're headed into the flack!

Old 08-11-2007, 02:34 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

I solidly predicted that result just as soon as I'd heard the cush-drives were available. Thanks for the confirmation. Maybe more folks will listen to me now! hahaha!

Old 08-11-2007, 02:46 PM
cwilks
Banned

So I'm confused..........are guys not riding their scoots correctly and THAT's why the cush drive was necessary??? Some one please explain why HD is now making even more money on something (if in fact it was a legit problem and not rider error) that should have been correct in the first place. I'll hang up and listen

Old 08-11-2007, 02:53 PM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

ORIGINAL: cwilks

So I'm confused..........are guys not riding their scoots correctly and THAT's why the cush drive was necessary??? Some one please explain why HD is now making even more money on something (if in fact it was a legit problem and not rider error) that should have been correct in the first place. I'll hang up and listen
A. You're kidding right?
B. Pull your head out the sand you may suffocate.
C. The number one post on this website is about clattering 07 touring models - must be something to it.

Old 08-11-2007, 03:09 PM
cwilks
Banned

NOPE, I'n not kidding....since I own an '06 honestly I could give a crap about '07's.....just thought with all you '07 owners whining about "clatter" I'd see if one of you rocket scientists could explain it to me.My personal opinion (and we know what there worth) since everyonejustify's the "magic" cush drive working by LUGGING the bike down in the wrong gear and then saying "its a miracle" its fixed!!!!!!!!!!!DON'T LUG THE BIKE, DUMAS.Now...can YOU explain what's different about the '07 DRIVELINE (not tranny and engine) over an '06 that makes this happen?? If not then STFU.

Old 08-11-2007, 03:19 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

thanks doggiedave for the input.

Old 08-11-2007, 03:35 PM
doggiedave
Road Master

first thing cwilks. 1) You don't have an 07' why are you pissing in everyone cornflakes 2) there certain things like harmonics ( not harmonica) 3) first year models are never perfect J.C didn't make the bikes 4) I DO NOT lug my bike normally I had to test the limits I generally don't run 6th below 70mph on the flats 5) You made my definitions of pisscutter/ bellyacher. but please do have a nice day

Old 08-11-2007, 03:41 PM
cwilks
Banned

First off doggie, I'm not pissing in anyone's cornflakes...I asked a legit question that I really was looking for an answer for. FX4 decided to attack me with his smartass answer.... my response was to him, no one else. Now if you can't answer the question Ican accept that, I'll wait for someone who can answer intelligently. Oh, you have anice day also

Old 08-11-2007, 03:46 PM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, I do have an 07 and not to pi$$ in anyones corn flakes, I dont have an issue, but I did build the engine. I still think that this is another way to amsk a percieved problem and if it is necessary, HD should have come out with a recall to have the part installed. I do believe everyone that said it improves rideability and it your happy with it, fine. Just like buying chrome, if it makes you happy, then spend the money.

Quick Reply: The cure is here!!