Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T-Bags luggage

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2022, 09:12 AM
binarym
Tourer
Veteran: ArmyVeteran: National Guard
Received 207 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by WoodButcher66
Back in September I hit a deer on my bike. This caused me to slide along a concrete island and do a lot of damage to the bike and myself.
I had my T-Bags luggage (part # 104453) strapped to the back of the bike. One of the straps was pulled off the bag and the rain cover was destroyed. Other wise the bag can be used.
I can work around the missing strap. But the rain cover will have to be replaced.
I know T-Bags is out of business and I can’t go to them for a replacement cover.
Does anyone have a source for a replacement cover?
If I can’t replace the cover, has anyone ever used Viking Bags luggage? What are your thoughts on it?
First off sorry to hear about your crash. Hope you and your bile are all ok now.
Here is the bag I use:
Amazon Amazon

Nelson Rigg NR-300
Along with the bag I have this from RickRak: https://rickrak.com/product/rickrak/

RickRak

Old 02-17-2022, 07:57 AM
LRS
Road Captain
Received 185 Likes on 92 Posts

I bought a black rainproof bag with a drawstring at academy sporting goods in the camping section. Does the job.

Old 02-17-2022, 01:30 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,275 Likes on 4,443 Posts

Originally Posted by WoodButcher66
Thanks for all the replies. I have checked the links for spare or aftermarket rain covers and everyone is out of and/or discontinued rain covers for the T-Bags line. Looks like I am looking at having a new cover made, using a trash bag or buying a new bag.

Thanks again

I remember reading that T-Bags stopped production. That was very unfortunate as they made a very good product.....

I bought one around 2005ish and have used it while taking trips on my '03 Heritage softail and on a cross country trip on my old '12 Limited...

I still have it and use it often..

Old 05-19-2022, 05:51 PM
ahhlou
Road Master
Received 675 Likes on 338 Posts

Good quality dry bags is my go to setup. 2 for all the camping gear leaves the saddlebags and tour pack for everything else. I am also going on a 2 month adventure this summer...

Old 05-19-2022, 05:55 PM
HD Gramps
Road Captain

Received 562 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by 686 Shooter
I don't have a cover supplier for you, nor do I have experience with Viking bags.
I do however have experience with this bag from Harley. https://www.harley-davidson.com/ca/e...Bag/p/93300103 (This is in Canadian dollars)

The first time I used it my buddies laughed at me for spending that much on a bag "just to have the Harley logo on it". On our trip we got caught in a hell of a rain storm. Then an hour later another rain storm this time with hail. It was so bad that I had to look down at the white line to ensure I was staying on the highway because I couldn't see in front of me. When we finally made it to a hotel mine was the only stuff that was completely dry. Everyone else was using the hotels laundry to dry their stuff. I was enjoying a Jack and Coke.
Where I'm going with this is, if you do end up buying a new bag this one is worth consideration. Tons of room, really solidly built, and it had the Harley logo on it. Lol
We have enjoyed ours. Never had a water issue with it.