Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

deal's gap under police assault,the dragon slained by cops

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 04:18 AM
ffb
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default deal's gap under police assault,the dragon slained by cops

ok you guys ,

go to www.tailofthedragon.com

and read their newsletter ,it appears that a major effort is underway to rid the dragon of bikers.

i had posted here ,about 3 weeks or more ago that the cops were in the initial stages of a crackdown.

the latest 2 weeks have seen major enforcement and plain nastiness from them , mostly on bikers.

i thought that some law enfrocement was ok to keep the minority if idiots under control and prevent them from crashing into others. but, they are ,the cops ,overeacting and you are being stopped for just riding a bike .

according the the latest newslwtter even for using a camera in a car.

so...go to the site and be properly informed .and read the newsletter going back 10 days or so.

Old 08-11-2007, 06:10 AM
tizone
Tourer
Default RE: deal's gap under police assault,the dragon slained by cops

That is really a shame. I was planning trip down there th week of Labor Day. I'm still going, just hate getting harrased by the cops. I understand the thought behind the crackdown... they just shouldn't be able to break the law to enforce the law.

How can the THP get this much power and authority when we can't even giveour Feds this kind of power at airports and the border?

Unbelieveable.

Old 08-11-2007, 06:25 AM
Cache
Tourer

I like the e-maillink to report cop harassment.......how about a link to report a-hole bike riding!!!They know who they are.

If the jerk off riders would behave, there would be no need for police presence!

The dude who created that constant police blotter must be a loser!

I imagine there are a few bad cops in cop land, but there are a few a-holes riders who create the crackdown.

I don't believe the cops are ruining a good thing, some of the bikers are!

Again, I'm sure there are two sides to every story.......the one you exaggerate and the other beingthe truth.

[:'(][:'(][:@][:@]

Old 08-11-2007, 06:33 AM
tizone
Tourer

True... the aholes created the need for the 'presence', but I still don't think that justifies the harassment. Pull people over for breaking the law no sweat... they deserve it. But if they are rally pulling everyone over and then looking for violations 'after the fact', that's harassment.

Ahole bikersasked forit, ahole cops are overreacting.

Old 08-11-2007, 06:35 AM
crash1292
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my money will stay out of hillbilly land

Old 08-11-2007, 08:31 AM
wildeano
Tourer

was up there from venice florida on the weekend of july 20, was really nice in the mountains. cops were present at bottom on tenesee side, but no harrasment. was a tenn. state patrol car on top with no one in it....

Old 08-11-2007, 08:37 AM
axe11
Cruiser

If the cops are going after the crotch-rocket-bastards (CRB's), then they are doing us all a favor.

Ride safe,

axe11

Old 08-11-2007, 08:43 AM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hit the HELLBENDER it's close and a hell of a road plus you can get wet at jacksons hole
http://www.hellbender28.com/

Old 08-11-2007, 08:57 AM
aj373ku
Cruiser

Good!!!! They need to get that area under control.

Old 08-11-2007, 09:05 AM
turtleman57
Road Captain

The THP is taking this action on all form of motorcycles from crotch rockets to cruisers, and to the cagers riding this road.

Rider ticketed for standing-up on pegs at 25 mph to stretch.

Car driver pulled over for "appearing to be traveling at high rate of speed". Car was behind a pick-up towing a boat at 25 mph. Trooper then said he had illegal tinted windshield and exhaust even though car was stock from factory and had passed emmission test in TN. Trooper then harassed driver for DRIVING WITH ONE HAND ON
STEERING WHEEL. Driver asked how he was supposed to shift gears. Trooper then rudely said, "GET LOST".

Rider harassed and threatened with arrest for not having proof of shatterproof glasses.

Cars pulled over for 35 ... threatened with arrest .

Cycle group tailgated by THP which then passed on double-yellow with no emergency devices operating.

Pick-up truck tailgated by THP. Truck pulled over several times to let Trooper pass. Each time the Trooper pulled over just ahead and returned to tailgating truck when it passed.

Car came around blind corner only to see Trooper with car completely blocking lane. Trooper was out of car issuing tickets to bikers. Car stopped, saw it was clear ahead, and eased around. Car was then ticketed for crossing double yellow.

Car ticketed when wheels accidentally went a few inches off the roadway.

Pick-up stopped and harassed for having tailgate down.

Bikers ticketed for passing on the double yellow even when the car ahead pulled over and stopped. Troopers said the car had to be COMPLETELY OFF THE ROAD before moving around it.

Ticket for bike with license plate verticlal. Custom bike was purchased from a Knoxville Police Officer.

Ticket for failing to have proof of insurance.

Ticket for no mirrors.

Cruiser pulled over doing 30 mph and asked for all documentation, blinkers/headlight and plate checked. Harrassed for no reason at all.

Trooper tailgating female motorcyclist who pulled off road she was so nervous. Her son was then tailgated until he had to pull over.

Trooper with stopped bike saw another bike almost crash when seeing the Trooper ..... Trooper laughed.

Out of state car ticketed for having temporary tag and no registration in spite of producing bill of sale. Registration had not yet been sent.

Trooper with car over double yellow on several occasions.

Troopers making u-turns in dangersous curves.

I hope this state remembers that the state H.O.G. Rally is in just a few weeks away, and I for one will not be riding the dragon r even the skyway until this all clears up. There are many other roads to ride. I will keep my money in my state.

Quick Reply: deal's gap under police assault,the dragon slained by cops