Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dress / Show Package for 2014+ Touring models

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2021, 05:01 PM
xpesrx
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Dress / Show Package for 2014+ Touring models

This is a preliminary post to tell the story of what I've been doing and to gauge interest in an opportunity that will be coming soon.
First the story:
  • I have done a ton of research and preparation for doing some customization to my bike. I have a 2014 Road King. (However, these parts apply to most 2014+ touring models).
  • I decided the best way to eliminate downtime and the bike sitting in the garage with the engine opened up waiting on my parts to be powdercoated, would be to source new and used parts to have powdercoated first.
  • THEN, after they are powdercoated, I would do the swap out of the parts on my bike (minimizing open time for the engine).
  • My next thoughts were to then sell the parts off my bike to recoup some of the money I've spent on the customization.
  • And finally, I thought it would have been nice if someone else had done all the research, part number finding, and sourcing that I did so that I wouldn't have had to take the time and effort to do it myself AND if they could have sold me pieces that were already powdercoated to my customization theme, then that would have been even better and more time-efficient for me.
So that is where I am at today. In the next week, the last of my newly sourced parts will be delivered and be ready to the powdercoaters, where it will likely take about 2 weeks before I will get them back (on average).
What I'd like to offer someone is the opportunity to have all of the work I've mentioned done and all the parts powdercoated or electroplated according to their preferred theme and then shipped to them to swap out onto their bike. To give someone the leg-up that I couldn't find when starting the project. They could then sell their old parts on ebay/hdforums/socialmedia or make the same offer I am doing here for someone else.

Now it's not piece-meal and therefore it can't be paid for over time, ( I know a lot of people buy one piece at a time and add it as they can afford to) but this will be more efficient for those in a position to take advantage of it.
I am also planning on doing a youtube series on the customizations / part swap outs that might help someone on their project or even on individual parts of their own project in the future.

Now the costs: The cost will vary depending on what powdercoating or electroplating you might want done to the parts. And of course shipping will also be dependent on how far away from Atlanta you might be, but my next step is to figure out a base cost of how much it cost me to source the parts so I can determine a package price. The specific powdercoating/electroplating fees would then be added to the package depending on your theme requirements and shipping costs depending on where you want everything delivered.

So I guess right now, I just want to know if this sounds like something anyone would be interested in. If it is, let me know by PM or commenting here and I'll get in touch when I have the pricing info. At that time, I will post in the classified section if necessary. Attached are photos that list all the parts that will be included in the package.

Right side - 2014 Road King

Left side - 2014 Road King

Last edited by xpesrx; 12-27-2021 at 06:43 PM. Reason: reupload pix
Old 12-27-2021, 06:24 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,367 Likes on 2,541 Posts

sorry, not me. i'm more one of them 'piecemeal' guys.

Last edited by skratch; 12-27-2021 at 07:03 PM.
Old 12-27-2021, 06:43 PM
xpesrx
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks! Fixed.

Old 12-27-2021, 08:59 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 323 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
sorry, not me. i'm more one of them 'piecemeal' guys.
Agreed 👍

Old 12-28-2021, 08:03 AM
eighteight
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,025 Likes on 2,874 Posts

[QUOTE=xpesrx;20351080]This is a preliminary post to tell the story of what I've been doing and to gauge interest in an opportunity that will be coming soon.
, would be to source new and used parts to have powdercoated,
but my next step is to figure out a base cost of how much it cost me to source the parts so I can determine a package price.
. If it is, let me know by PM or commenting here and I'll get in touch when I have the pricing info.

You have zero control over price or availability of the the used parts mentioned in line 2
That pretty much kills lines 3 & 4

No offense, but I don`t see this as an "opportunity " nor a viable business model.

Last edited by eighteight; 12-28-2021 at 08:10 AM.
Old 12-28-2021, 08:20 AM
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 5,812 Likes on 2,378 Posts

I'm not at all interested in what you are offering, but if I were I view it quite a bit differently that you. I can strip all those parts off my bike in under a days time, powdercoat the next day, then reassemble the day after that. This 3 day period isn't significant. Great job of thinking outside the box, but I see a lot of work for you with very little reward.